Wednesday, January 25, 2006

How much weight could I lose in 5 months? -

Im 22 yrs old. I have a medium frame. My biggest problem areas are my butt and thighs. I have been doing taebo and drinkin lots of water. I watch my carb intake and try to eat more veggies than anything. nothing to eat after 8pm. Ive been doing this for a little more than a month (6 weeks) and have lost 18 lbs thus far. Im going to start jogging next week, alternating that and a weight program. Im committed to losing 40-50 lbs in small goals by June. Any suggestions on how to amp it up a bit? I know 2-3 lbs a week is healthy weight loss. Im really looking to tone up as well.

Stair-climbing will be perfect for you. If you have a staircase run up and down it for 30 mins a day for those 5 months and you will really rev up your calorie expending. Do intense stretching before and after.

I will recommend exercising in a REALLY proper way which does not tire you up :)

With total honesty, running/jogging is by far the best thing you can do for your body by way of exercise. The running will burn major calories, so i think you will be surprised by how your muscles will tone up, and appear leaner. The weights are good, just be careful not to work out so much that it increases your appetite. I do cardio 5 days a week, after my weight training, and i do three days of running and two days of walking. The walking seems to help me with my lungs on the run days which is good. Hope this helps.