Friday, January 13, 2006

I gained weight while working out. Will I get thinner? -

I gained weight while working out. According to others, it s because of the muscle mass I m gaining. I m on a weight loss program. Will I eventually lose weight and become thinner?

It could be that you have replaced fat with muscles which is heavier but it also could be that you are not doing the right types of exercise. Have a look at this:http://instantfeelgood.blogspot.com/2008��Its very common for people to be doing exercise and not getting results because they are either doing them the wrong way or not the right ones at all. I hope this helps. Good luck with your weight loss.

I am no Doctor or Sports/Fitness person but I know the weight going up would definitely be correct. This is because your muscles are building and muscles are heavier than fat. I am guessing, yes you will lose weight. My brother works out and wants to lose weight too so I guess the same will happen to him.Hope it helped,Dusty!

absolutely! muscle weighs more than fat. just so ya know its all about muscle! dont worry about weight just focus on achieveing what you think is hot and everyone will most likely do so to !

yea u will the muscle u gain make u burn more calories and lose weight

Absolutely! Happened to me too. I put on a little in the first month, the second month I lost about 5lb and it went well from then on. Your best bet is to take your measurements - you ll be surprised how your shape changes, and quickly!

if all your doing is lifting then no because with muscle comes fat also ... if you want to see belly go down do a lot of running and jump rope and youll see results

yes, it s true. muscle weighs more than fat, so essentially, you re already starting to get thin. don t rely what s on the scale, rely on how your clothes fit you.

I am baffled when people say - muscle weighs more than fat.....a kilo is a kilo? A kilo of muscle is heavier than a kilo of fat? HmmmAnyway, You need to do more cardio for weight loss. Maybe you are doing too many weights or the weights you are lifting are too heavy?try doing low/no carb for 2 weeksThen add some carbs inminimum of 30 mins cardio..mix it up a littleafter cardio do toning exercises or light weights.At the end of the day the cardio is what you need for weight loss....BUT........don t meaure your progress in weight...do up a chart with bust / waist / hips / thigh columns measure yourself with a tape measure on the same day at the same time each week.......this is where you will see your progress!