Friday, January 20, 2006

What are your best weight loss tips? -

My mother and I are both trying to lose weight, but we are competing in a way, and she will overcome me soon. She has a bit of advantage because I am in school for a lot of the day, but when I get home, I spend most of my time doing homework and studying. Do you have any tips. I am 5 4 and I weigh about 173.

I m trying to lose weight too. This is what I m doing now: I have a binder with dividers as my weight loss journal. This does help even though, at first, I didn t see the benefit. It keeps track and see what you are doing wrong and things that work. Anyways, I divided it into 5 sections(Daily Journal, Tips/ Motivation, Food/Exercise Track, Progress, and Final Destination. To start off, before all my sections,(this sounds dumb but...) I wrote a letter to my future self. In this letter, I m talking to me after I will accomplish my ultimate goal. I do not say IF i do it. I write to me as i know I will. Talking in this manner helps. Anyways, I include my reasons for weight loss and I tell myself that I admire me. Dumb I know, but it may work. In tips/Motivation, I ll list tips people tell me or what I read in books and online and I ll write quotes or collect pictures that inspire me. I ll record everything I eat in the Food/Exercise Track and the time I eat it and what I do for exercise. Eevery day, I will start a fesh paper and on the top I will include my weekly Goal. Progress is for weekly goal accomplishments and weight that I will lose monthly. It will also include my evaluation(like what I did that worked and didn t work and how I will improve what I do. And final stage will be when I meet my ultimate goal or when I m pretty close to it. I will write an overall entry take pictures of myself and you know, be proud of me. Besides all this I suggest that you do reward yourself like doing things that you enjoy. I heard this is very important. Think to yourself that you WILL do it and not YOU Might. This will also motivate you.Good Luck!