Wednesday, January 11, 2006

WOOOO! Lost 3 1/2 pounds... BUT!? -

SO I started eating really healthy and exercising on Monday, today is Saturday. I weighed myself after going to the bathroom and was 188.5. I used to be 192. I was soooo excited because I have never really lost weight. The problem is, I lost 3 and a half pounds in only 5 days though. Supposedly your only supposed to lose 2 pounds in 7 days at maximum for healthy weight loss. Although, I am DEFINITELY not starving myself. I thought I was eating a little bit too much. Is it okay to be losing this much?

Congratulations first of all!Anyways, what may have happened was that you cut most of the salt out of your diet and sarted drinking more water which flushes salt out of your body. Which means your retaining less water weight and losing some of it. If you lost 3.5 pounds in 5 days, probably only .75 to 1.5 (at very best) pounds of that is actual fat loss, the rest can probably be attributed to losing water weight which comes back quickly after you stop your diet. As long as you don t feel sick, it s very normal. Hope I helped!Keep up the great work and good luck!

It may be water weight, muscle loss, and of course fat loss, or a combination of the 3. As long as you aren t starving yourself you should be losing fat and not muscle, then water weight will be ruled out if you start to see a downward trend for a few weeks. Personally I lose 20+lbs in the first 2 weeks, then slowed to the regular 2lb/week area. Your weight can fluctuate up and down up to 10 lbs, but just keep trying hard, don t give up, and soon you ll see you re down to the healthy weight you re aiming for.

Yeah it s fine hun, just make sure you dont lose weight to fast.your on a good steady rate though, keep up the good work! Oh and may i ask how you lost it that fast? i wouldnt mind doing what you do ;P

you are fine, as long as youre truly not starving yourself. Often times the first 10lbs you lose is water weight anyway...