Thursday, February 16, 2006

I want to help people lose weight as my act of community service.? -

I have recently started a weight loss program where I lost 12 lbs in a week and increased my energy dramatically. I want to share my success with other people in my community by showing them what I did and how I did it. This may be a silly question, but where do I start? How do I get the word out? Can one person do this alone?

You shouldn t motivate them by saying that. Losing 12 pounds a week is very unhealthy, and you don t want to motivate people to do that too, because they ll get discouraged when they don t lose 12 pounds in a week. Also, you shouldn t help other until your journey is complete, because they want to see the finished product of your effort...not someone who has been on a diet for a month.I m sorry if it sounds like I m being mean, because I m not trying to. The fact of the matter is, I myself am overweight and I wouldn t be motivated by someone who rubs their drastic weight loss in my face. Maybe instead, you could volunteer at a food pantry or homeless shelter.

You can contact your area school or library and ask for a use of a room. There you can conduct a meeting, (for free) seeing its community service, and exchange or present your ideas. You could get a free ad in community news, to advertise the date and place, or simply hang up signs at area stores. Congratulations on your weight loss, wish you could give me ideas!

you can start by telling me lol

I am interested in knowing how you did it as I am also trying to lose weight.and am open to all ideas.sam

I am very much interested in how you did it so you could start with us on this site. Congratulations on the weight loss.

You can start by emailing me and telling me .... i will add you as a contact?

help me!! how did you do that?