Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Why do some people say they feel comfortable with their plus-size bodies but end up losing weight? -

There is an actress named Tamika Katon-Donegal who made her acting debut in TLC s music video for Unpretty. She played the plus-size girl who turned to bulimia to cope with her weight. In the end she finds confidence to wear a swimsuit and feel proud of her body. She was the hostess on Teen Talk, a syndicated talk show on teen issues and there also she told viewers that she thought of herself positively and on par with smaller-sized individuals.I thought when I first saw her that she was beautiful almost perfect (I do have a preference for larger women). But recently, I have seen her in an informercial for Barry s Boot Camp weight loss program where she says she s proud she can t wear the shorts she wore in the Unpretty music video anymore.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XcXbzuxZ��I feel heartbroken because she was so gorgeous to me. How can someone, like me a fat admirer, respond to that? How would you feel when someone does that?

Unfortunately a lot of celebrities come under pressure to lose weight, and do so, regardless of what they said about it.However in some cases, depending on how plus size they are, they may be comfortable with their body but still need to lose weight for health reasons.