Thursday, April 20, 2006

5lbs in a week weight loss? -

OK, so I know 2lbs a week is supposed to be healthy weight loss, but i ve lost 5lbs in a week so i m worried i m losing weight unealthily. I m 17 5ft2 and was 140lbs, now 135. I haven t upped my exercise at all. Usually I eat something like this:Breakfast: Weetabix, skimmed milk + sultanas.Snack: 2 SatsumasLunch: Prawn saladSnack: AppleDinner: Jacket potato + beans + salad/ lasagne + salad/ soup.Is there anything i m doing wrong? I really want this weight to stay off!!

As you were slightly overweight for your height (BMI of approx 25.5) when you began your diet the initial weight loss you experienced may seem a lot.In the first few days you tend to lose a lot of excess fluids which would account for your 5lbs. After this the weight loss should stabilise to the 2lbs or so you expect. Providing you maintain a calorie intake of between 1200-1500 cals and regular exercise (cardio based combined with weight bearing) then the weight is more likely to stay off.Make sure you drink plenty of water as this is an excellent aid to dieting and is something that should be done whether trying to lose weight or not.Good Luck!!