Friday, April 14, 2006

What is healthy for weight loss/dieting? Ive lost 13lbs in 17 days.? -

I m a not a health person so perhaps I need some advice on the issue. I was tired of being a little pudgy and I decided to lose some weight. I m in my early 20 s and my initial weight was 174 at December 20th. It is now January 5th and I currently weight 161. I would like to be around 140-145. Therefore, I have lost 13 lbs in 16/17 days. From a glance in a mirror I feel a lot better as I look thinner. I am not quite sure of the proper healthy methods of dieting and exercising. I have been munching on about 400-500 calories a day (frozen diet meals), vitamins, daily 3 mile running/walking, push ups, and sit ups, drinking a lot water. However, as of late I feel really exhausted and running seems much more difficult, small headaches, hard remaining focused/keeping attention. Is my weight loss program detrimental to my health or am I doing this properly? Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

no, honey, this really isn t healthy.The amount you eat is burnt off simply by the 3 mile run leaving you with no energy to... well... live. Losing almost a pound a day is too much and can be really dangerous, you see If you try to lose more than the recommended one to two pounds of fat per week, your body will turn to and burn its own muscle for energy. The loss of lean muscle mass negates any weight loss you might be trying to accomplish, as muscle is what makes your body healthy and toned. Having more muscle makes your resting metabolism work harder, which means you burn more calories while you re at rest. You must consume at least 1,200 calories a day to prevent the loss of muscle.Plus, the lethargy, toll on your appearance, likely malnutrition and weakened immune functioning due to such a restrictive diet isn t all that great either.You can afford to eat a bit more and lose weight a little slower for the sake of your health!xxx

You are exhausted and not feeling well because you have restricted your caloric intake far too much.Check out this website: www.fitday.comThey have a calculator to figure out how many calories you need to maintain your current weight, and how many you should consume based on your lifestyle and activity level.In general, 1200 calories a day is considered very restricted for a female, and you are at 500. Wow.