Saturday, May 27, 2006

Anyone having success with using the new FDA approved......? -

diet pill Alli ? Can you please share your experiences on whether its a positive apprach to weight loss ?? Started a fitness / diet program and considering trying the Alli weight loss program . Thanks for your answers !

This does really work. I had the perscription of this (Xenical) which is twice the dosage of Alli. A year ago when I was taking this a friend of mine said she saw on the news that they were going to put it over-the-counter, but half the dose. I can t believe it actually happened! ...Anyway, this pill will make you go to the bathroom and this greasy liquid will come out. It looks like the grease on a pizza. It s gross and it smells wierd, but it does work. Now, it s not a miracle pill, so you still have to lower you fat intake. You can t just eat whatever you want and hope to poop it out. What comes out is fat. This pill gets rid of 10% of the fat you eat in one day. My suggestion..watch out! If you feel the need to fart, go to the bathroom because it could be the grease coming out and you don t want that! If you don t lower your fat intake while on this, you will gain the weight back when you stop taking it. It happened to me. I was told that I needed to lower my calorie intake to about 1200 calories a day in order to lose weight while on this pill. I lost 20 pounds within a few months, but gained it back when I stopped taking them because I didn t stick to the diet . The pills were extremely expensive and I could no longer afford them. I d say it s a great quick-fix for maybe 10 to 15 pounds, but if you need to lose a lot, you need to change your eating habbits while on it, and keep them when off it. Also it is recommended that you take a multivitamin while on this because along with the fat, you also lose nutrients. But you can t take the multivitamin whith the pill; it has to be several hours before or after. ...If you are really interested in losing weight, something that I d recommend would be Weight Watchers. I joined Weight Watchers after a friend from work told me about it and have been on it for about five months now and have lost just over thrity pounds! You eat normal food, just lower fat and rational portions. I love it! Not to mention this program works with you and is perminent! I hope I ve been some kind of help. If you have any questions you can e-mail me.

Glad I could help! Yeah, those side effects are not fun!I do however, highly recommend Weight Watchers. Good luck on your journey to weight loss and don t give up! Report Abuse

It is the over-the-counter version of a medicine called Xenical. It blocks fat from being absorbed. If you start it, start a good multi-vitamin (e.g., Centrum) because the medicine can block the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins (vitamins A,D,E, and K). When taking the medicine, don t be surprised if you have abdominal cramping, oily stools, diarrhea. You can prevent some of that by eating a low-fat/no-fat diet. Much like other diet pills , it works best with a fitness and diet program. It is not a magic pill.