Tuesday, June 27, 2006

At a quot;Healthyquot; Weight of 150 lbs at 510, Will Just Eating A Healthy, 1500 Calorie Diet Bring me to 130 lbs -

Oh, and I do 30 minutes cardio 3x a week. If I do this, will it help me continuously lose weight or would I have to go on a radical, long-term diet to get down to 130 lbs? I know 150 lbs is an acceptable BMI for my height, but I still feel bulky and overweight. I m not trying to get stick thin - 130 is the absolute lowest I want to go. If I just follow the healthy weight-loss lifestyle, will I actually LOSE the weight or will my body refuse since it s not overweight to begin with? This is when I begin to think I may have to cut back many more calories or exercise a lot more to get my body to finally go past its comfort zone .

Given your height, I would just eat a healthy diet and let exercise do the work. Seems to me you don t really need to loose weight, you need to firm up what you have. The harder and longer you work out the more calories you allow yourself. This establishes goals that work. Good Luck.

Twenty pounds is nothing. That should come of pretty quickly. But the rule is, don t lose more than two pounds per week. No radical diet needed. 30 minutes 3 times per week is not enough. Should be 45 minutes every day. Same time every day. But don t kill yourself. A fast walk is perfect. No animal fats. Plenty of whole grains. Dried and fresh fruit. Lots of veggies. Fresh lowfat yoghurt is good. Juices. No soda pop whatsoever, Even the diet dreck. Cut that out now! Plenty of water. Whole grain rice, legumes, olive oil. No margerine of any kind for the rest of your life. No store-bought bread, unless it says no preservatives . The same with fast food. After you get down to 130, then you can have the occasional steak or pork chop. No harm. BTW, your body will never refuse to lose weight. However,if you starve yourself, your body can switch into the famine mode and really work to conserve calories. And if you crash to your desired weight, in this case 130, when you go off the diet, your body will start storing calories like crazy since it s afraid another famine might be right around the corner. That s why crash diets never work. Also, vigorous exercise acts as an appetite suppressant. That s why I think it s important every day, at the same time every day. After you get there, cut back and take a rest day every week.