Thursday, June 15, 2006

Can anyone recommend a good holiday detox diet? -

Ok, so here s the thingI know the dangers of radical dieting and starvation and bla bla bla, and i dont wanna do that. What I DO want to do is detox my body, purge the toxins and promote healthy weight loss. I only want this to kick start a healthy diet and prepare my body for weight loss by first eliminating the nasty toxic sludge that has accumulated through a long time of unhealthy eating. It s not just a weight loss issue, detoxing can heal the body in so many ways; healthier skin, nails, hair, better mood, increased energy, etc.So, my question is, now that you know im not some 13 year old 95 pound teen with an eating disorder and actually want to do something in a healthy way.... (no offense to anyone...) Can anyone recommend a HEALTHY EFFECTIVE detox program that i can make at home (not buying anything online)?Ive read about lemon detox (lemon, syrup cayanne pepper, etc), ive also read about raw fruits and veggies...anyone done it? what s your story?

I ve done the lemon detox diet twice and will start it again next week. I read about it after Beyonce did it and lost 20 lbs. The first time I did it for 10 days and the second time for 2 weeks. I lost 12 and then 15 lbs. I was told that it s only water weight you lose and haven t be able to find out if that s true or not. Of course it s really hard to stick to, but I ve had great results. Plus you can buy all of that stuff right at the grocery store for like $5-$6. Raw veggies and fruit is of course easier to stick to.

The body does its own natural detox regime so there s really no need to follow any kind of strick regime. You can of course help the process by not adding any more toxins such as alcohol, sugar, caffeing, processed, fatty and salty foods. Eat lots of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, drink tons of water and green tea. In about two weeks you ll probably lose a couple of pounds and lose that sluggish feeling.

I ve tried the lemonade diet which is lemon detox you mentioned. I couldn t even choke down one glass and according to the info on that you are supposed to only drink that mixture for about 21 days. Sorry I know that doesn t help, but I wasted about $30 on the supplies for that cleanse and found it impossible. If you have a GNC near you they have cleansing products, but they are quite pricey. I hope you find something, let us know if you find something that works.