Friday, June 16, 2006

Good Sites/Advice on healthy weight loss? -

Hey, so I d really like to get healthier. Right now I m a bit overweight, and I d really like to be skinnier, but healthier too. I m not one of those barbies that are like OMG I way 90 pounds, I need to lose 20 more! , I d just really like to be able to tell myself that I m healthy, without kididng myself. What are some good sites/books to get informed and started on what I should be doing? Any personal tips or advice you d like to share would be great too. :@)

I LOVE yoga. I started practicing 7 years ago and it has been the greatest tool for me. It has taught me to listen very carefully to my body and what it needs. Aside from this I think that Chalean Johnson and Tony Horton offer extremely good advice and have excellent programs that give a lot of helpful information. I also think that people can knock Richard Simmons but he has the Deal-a-Meal plan and his videos. My Mom lost 40 pounds doing his program. It is probably one of the most sensible and supportive programs available. I used to laugh at my Mom until I went home for Christmas last year, popped a tape in just to try it and found myself laughing, crying and sweating. It was great fun. Me of the extreme thinking really had a big change of heart. But I SWEAR by yoga as a good way to tune in.

How do you feel with your present weight? If you are comfortable than don t try to be skinnier. Otherwise you can try some free hand exercises on regular basis.

WebMD has a lot of good artcles. Self magazine s site is good, as is ediets.com (though they re always trying to sell you their meal service.)

run thats how i lost 20 pounds in a month.