Thursday, July 27, 2006

Can someone accurately weigh them-self with two scales? -

I am starting a weight loss program and since I weigh over 400 pounds it was suggested to me that I buy two identical scales and stand on both scales to get my weight. I bought two digital scales and tried it but they both showed ERR (error) as if the weight was over their capacity. I may be answering my own question, but does anyone have any suggestions?

It probably wont work. You cant avoid shifting weight. Dont worry about the scale. Do what you know you need to do and gueage your results by the mirror until you can make one scale work.

What s the maximum weight that the scale can weigh? If you weigh more than the scale can handle then it will show you an error.The most accurate way to weigh yourself is with a scale that is calibrated using known weights on a monthly basis. Even if you weigh yourself using two scales but neither one is accurate, then it defeats the purpose.

I suppose it could work, as long as you have equal weight on both scales.Dont put more pressure on one side than the other.