Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Has anyone tried the P90X program? Is it motivating enough to continue using it for at least 90 days?? -

I am not looking for any miracle weight loss program because I know enough to know they dont exist. What I am looking for is motivation to stick with a program. I used to work out heavily while in my 30 s but now that I am in my 40 s I have lost the motivation to just work out, especially on my own. I play a lot of sports and for the most part eat right but I know that I need to work more on my cardio and on my core strength to avoid injuries (quiet common these days....). The infomercial seems motivating but was curious to hear real life cases before investing.Thanks.

Haven t tried P90X (yet), but I m just finishing up the P90 program. I have seen some good results with it, but it gets kind of boring since there is basically only two routines (each has two levels to it, so I guess that makes for 4 different workouts) - a strength circuit routine and a cardio routine w/ an abs set at the end of cardio. Haven t gotten down to my ideal BMI / weight range and still can t quite see the sculpted results advertised, but I haven t been as strict on diet as I should either.Am also curious about P90X. From the research I ve done, it is a very challenging program and the average workout session is 45 min. to an hour. Each DVD advertised offers a different kind of workout (and I will bet the program sets a schedule on how to work through them all).However, if your cardio level isn t up there, you might want to consider going P90 first. (It only costs 3 pmts. of $19.95 vs. P90X s $39.95 pmts.)If you re not interested in shelling out that kind of money right away, I ll also tell you articles in Men s Health have been advocating an interval training regime. Lace up you running shoes, climb on a bike or do a boxing kind of workout where you alternate high intensity cardio with low intensity for a somewhat shorter workout and your suppose to get the same benefits. Here s a link to one article that might help:http://www.menshealth.com/cda/article.do��Good luck.

This is a serious workout video. There is a one hour timer at the bottom of the screen that lets you know how much time is left during a workout. So there is a motivation factor and a sense of accomplishment in finishing an exercise regimen. But its not for everyone. Like I said, this is a SERIOUS workout program- you are winded and worn out at the end of every hour. You need to be able to dedicate a full hour for each workout and be ready for some serious sweating. My roommate has this and used it everyday for about a month. If you see results (you WILL see results) that alone may be enough to motivate you to keep going. However, at 40 and not a serious workout person, I question whether or not you still have the motivation to complete one workout. If you are indeed motivated to work out and get in better shape than this is a good workout regimen. If yo can get by the first couple weeks I think the results would be enough to keep yo going, but ONLY if you have the dedication and are serious about getting in good shape. This video WILL do that if you stick to it. It serious. I planned on making a copy of te DVDs for myself so I could use, but after seeing one of the workouts I knew that I would only be fooling myself by wasting money on the blank DVDS.Good luck, I hope you find the motivation to try and stick with this. Like I said, the results should be motivation to keep going but only if you can last the first couple weeks

Hey Babolat,I m finishing up my 90 days next week. I ve documented my results at my blog listed below. I ll be writing a FULL p90x review when my FIRST 90 days is complete. I say first because P90X is now so much more than just a workout to me...it s a way of life.A year ago I was 240 pounds and a 40 inch waist. Today I m 175 pounds and a RIPPED 31 inch waist. I m absolutely in the best shape of my life.Feel free to email or yahoo message me with any P90X related questions.Best Wishes,Dennis HardyIndependent Million Dollar Body Fitness Coach