Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Losing little wieght? -

First let me say I m not fat. I am about 6 foot tall and weight about 190ish. I use to be a really major athlete and over the course of years the weight has crept up on me. I am a horrible eater and drink way too much Mt. Dew daily. I need a handful of tips to get back to my ideal weight (175ish, perferrable 170) for both my health, mental sanity and just self image. Working full time I tend to have very little time to workout at home, I often have to bring work home and do paper work in the evenings. Any ideas on healthy, weight loss that can be done in small changes? Like I said I m not fat, but I use to be all sorts of buff and now with this weight creeping up I am really starting to get annoyed any advice would be greatly appriciated.

find calorie/fitness calculator on the net, enter all your stats and it will tell you how many calories you need a day to maintain, take off 300-400cal off that number and thats how much you need to lose.eat 5-6 small meals a day (eat every 2-3 hours)5-8 servings of fruit and veggies a day8 glasses of waterhave complex carbs for breakfast - they give you energyhave lean meat (protein) for dinner - repairs musclecardio exercise 4-6 times a week for 30-50min, light weight trainingdont consume foods that are made of white flour (white bread, cakes, past etc.), sugar loaded foods (cookies, icecream, candy etc) and nothing fried, oily.ofcourse you can spoil yourself once in a while with a little treat:)

Bud, if you were an athlete at one stage it won t be too difficult for you to get back to some semblance of a fine physique in a little while. You just need to get started.Having a full time job and other committments don t help. The trick is to change your lifestyle. The first thing to do is to try to find some time for yourself EVERY DAY. Just put aside 1/2 an hour each day to do a little bit of exercise. I would recommend you start out with something simple like a 20 minute run followed by some push ups, sit ups and some pull ups. Don t worry about how fast you re running or how many push ups you re doing .Just get yourself into a routine.With regards to diet ... GET RID OF THE SUGAR! Increase your protein intake and cut out high GI carbs. If you re really craving for soda then drink light drinks. I know it doesn t taste the same but after a little while you ll get used to it. I did!Now the last part, and this might sound a bit hocus pocus, but start to feel fit. After a workout take your shirt off in front off the mirror and check out how good you look. Visualise those abs! Nothing like a good positive frame of mind to do wonders for your body.Good luck!

For one, drink DIET mt. dew--it tastes exactly the same. Eat more protein and less carbs whenever possible. Cut out all white substances: flour sugar.