Friday, July 14, 2006

Weight loss health incentivehellip;ethical? ? -

I know somebody who has low self esteem due to several factors. I feel most of it is related to her weight and how she feels about her health compared to the demanding standards our society imposes on women. I have been pondering a incentive based program for her to lose weight and get healthy, which I feel will help boost her confidence tremendously. My hesitation is mostly about how ethical my plan is. The plan:I know this individual would like to do the following,Get healthyLose weightHave sexAs of today she has been unable to achieve any of these goals. My plan is to help encourage her to lose weight/ get healthier is by providing a sexual incentive for reaching minni goals that (we mutually agree upon) bring her closer to her overall goals. These goals will be specific to make it easy to determine to if the goal has been achieved, the minni goals will also encourage healthy weight loss and not crash diets or dehydration. And example of a weight lose goal would be a sexual favor of your choice (including sex) for every 10lb you lose in 5 weeks. (This is set as not to go against the doctor recommended 2lb per week) (Currently needs to lose 70-100lb)An example of a health goal would be cut 1:00 minutes off your mile time, (currently above 15 min)By creating a network of goals to meet this allows her to pursue other goals if say she has trouble with the weight loss from time to time. (I feel this will help prevent desperate measures) The reason I��m asking this question is I feel that this person could benefit tremendously from a program like this but would like to know if you guys feel this is an ethical approach to helping motivate an individual to achieve their goals. Thanks ?

I don t know what to say exactly.I know that people who exercise reward themselves with a cookie, day at the spa, a meal at their favorite restaurant.....but...sex? That s very interesting. Are you the sexual tool in this approach to help your friend? I don t think this breaks any ethical rules, but it definitely could become complicated. I ve never even thought about that, but it seems that his would work. Women want to be viewed as sexy from males, even more so by women who are trying to loose weight and have self esteem issues. If she says yes and obviously you re fine with it...then go ahead!

Sound s ridiculous to be honest, if she agree s to this no wonder nobody wants her, she should stop being so lazy, it really is repulsive that anyone could let themselves go like that. The only motivation she should need is the mirror, look at herself, be disgusted then shed the pounds, it s easier then you think.