Sunday, July 16, 2006

What is a healthy Weight loss goal for someone who...? -

I am currently 230 pounds, 21, female and 5 5. I am at my highest weight ever...and recently gained about 50 pounds in the last few years. Im having a real hard time sticking to any weight loss programs but I know I need to do something. my question is what should I am for my weight to be? I have always been overweight my entire life, although only slightly..until now. I dont know what it feels like to be skinny so Im not sure where I should aim for? help

Don t aim for anything. The reason why is that your problem isn t your weight. Your weight is a symptom of your problem. Even if you set a goal, and make it, the symptom will come back because you haven t dealt with the real problem. It varies from person to person but you either overeat, eat foods that are bad for you on a regular basis, or don t exercise regularly, or all three. Changing those things on a permanent basis should be your goal(s). If you achieve those things, the weight will come off by itself. Your body will settle at a healthy weight for you, whatever that may be.By the way, there is no ideal weight. It s just not a one size fits all kind of thing. Too many people try to aim for this artificial number, rather then simply living healthy.

go to sparkpeople.com it gives you meal plans and exercise prgrams and it s all freeplease try it. it s amazing!

Keep up with your efforts..Good Luck