Thursday, August 24, 2006

Any weight loss tips on how to make your frame smaller? -

I am 19 year old guy, 5 9 , 183lbs (approx. 13st) and I want to get down to around 150lbs. I am being VERY healthy at the moment with 3 balanced meals that totals around 1,500 calories per day. I am also working out for 1 hour everyday, which is helping shift weight. The reason I am posting this question is because I usually take a 34R pant size, but I want to try and get down to a 32R. I tried some on today and although they fit fine, they are very tight around the butt and legs and there is about a 2 inch gap round the waist. I am worried that working out will beef my legs up, when all I wanna do is just lose weight and tone up. Any tips on how to avoid gaining muscle-crazy legs etc...?

Don t do weight training on your legs. Only cardio that involves use of the legs. That way your legs get a natural workout from using them in a way your body is meant to use them, and you will burn calories (lose fat) but doing the aerobic exercise. As an aside, you can t make your frame smaller. Your frame refers to your bone structure.

Dear friend, It seems that you are not so over weight. You can control your weight and hip size by proper tummy care exercises that I hope you will be aware of. However please try the site below.

Cardio will hel pyou burn the fat, but not get bigger. You seem like you are a good size now, but if you are determind to get even more in shape, do cardio excersizes like running.

You sound like you re at a healthy weight for your height. And no one can tell what size pants you have on. Just wear what fits and looks good.

Switch over to mainly cardio and you will be fine. Do cardio 5x a week and at least 5miles a day. I am about the same height as you and I also went from a 34 to a 32 and am now on my way towards a 30 but I have been doing weight training as well and have large legs but have not seen that as a factor in my waist size.Switch over to cardio and see how that helps with the waist line/ butt area for 3 weeks. Good luck

Instead of working out with alot of weight, do more reps with less weight...this will help you not gain all of the mass.

Well, that depends on a lot of things. First off, if you are doing any squats, lunges, cycling on steep incline, etc. you re not going to lose the backyard, it will get bigger. There s a reason the gluteus IS maximus.There may be other factors that you can t control. I happen to have abnormally large quads which makes buying pants difficult because they are tight in the thigh area but gigantic everywhere else. This is because I have very weak feet and ankles and subsequently my feet pronante (roll in) quite a lot. When this happens, the calcaneus drops towards the floor and extra stress is put on the patellar tendon which causes the larger muscle groups like the quads to take over rather than the smaller groups such as my external hip rotators. So my quads are basically working three times as hard as they should.My solution was to get properly fitted shoes. For athletics, for dress and for casual wear I have shoes that are structured and supportive and provide me with enough stability that my quads don t have to work as hard. They re still large, but not nearly as big as they used to be. It is only because I began supporting my whole frame from the ground up. Go to a shoe store and be fitted for shoes. There should be a store in town that knows about feet and usually these are your top-end running shoe stores for people who run marathons and whatnot. Don t try this at a Foot Locker or a Champs. Pay no attention to what they look like. You are buying these for the effect, not for the style. Then, have them help you find some dress and casual shoes or find a way to get an orthotic liner (if you need one) in your dress or casual shoes. If you wear good shoes to workout, but wear crap the rest of the time, you re not doing yourself any good. You walk around for 10 hours a day in garbage, then for 1 hour you wear good shoes and expect it to help and it is not going to happen.This was just my case. This is what worked for me. Beyond all of it, you could just be pear shaped. It happens. The good news is that there will be a pants designer that makes pants for your frame. Tailoring is also a GREAT option. That way, you can get all the room you need in the seat, but they can take in the waist for the perfect fit. My guess is that if you had your pants tailored and they fit well, you d actually like your backside. When I started doing that, all the girls took notice and now I love it.