Thursday, August 24, 2006

How many calories should I take in with over 200 pounds to lose? -

I have over 200 pounds to lose and I am starting a weight loss program but want to know how many calories would I intake for weight loss? I plan to include activity but right now I want to focus on the calories first so activity will be there but wont be a lot at first and gradually increase.Please only answer if you have serious information to help me (no wise guys please).

HiI m a weight loss consultant and personal trainer and am happy to help in any way I can. i have so far lost around 150 lbs and i know how hard it is i still need to lose around another 100lbs!!The amount of calories you need depends on your activity levels and current weight and age. for example a 30 year old woman at 5ft 6inweighing 10 stones needs 1372 calories per day just to function ie breath and for her heart to beat, where a 20 stone woman needs 2743 just to function. To lose 1lb per week you need a calorie deficit of 500 calories Ie you need to burn 500 Cal s more than you take in. if you email me your height weight and age I can give you a more accurate idea of what is right for you. Don t get too bogged down with Cal s though enjoy a healthy diet of Fresh fruits veg and low fat protein and high fibre carbs and the weight will start to drop of. Add in some exercise, a gentle walk to begin with and you will be well on your weight loss journey.gymbabe1972@yahoo.co.uk

Your caloric intake is actually going to depend on your activity level. The more you do, the more you need to eat. You must remember not to restrict yourself too much. At the moment, just have a normal day and count the calories of what you eat. Subtract 500 from that total. Keep doing this every week until you re at about 1500 calories. Do not just DROP all those calories at once, this is not healthy for your body. However, the more you exercise, the more you ll need to eat. There s no real way to calculate this, so you ll just have to listen to your body. For example, when I was trying to lose the last 35lbs, I d work out 14-16 times per week and eat over 3100 calories a day. It took me just 3 months to lose those last 35lbs. I ended up losing about 100lbs in about 10 months. So trust me, it is do-able and doesn t require a bunch of point counting or anything. Just always do your best, and email me if you have any questions! I m here to help :)

1200 per day should make you lose weight fast without exercising.