Saturday, August 12, 2006

I have a question. please read on...? -

hi.I am in recovery for an eating disorder. but I am allowed to lose weighthttp://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?��to kinda get a better feel for my situation you can read that questionso I was wondering if anyone has any tipsI have a meal plan and I have an excersise plan. I havent lost much weight. but I ve dropped a jean size and my arms are more toned.so I have been seeing resultsdoes anyone have any healthy weight loss tips that they could share with me??

Don t get on a scale. That goes for anyone; not just those with an eating disorder. Most scales (unless you have the really expensive, high tech kind) only measure weight in pounds. There s no analysis of lean mass vs. fatty mass. I m sure you know that muscle weighs more than fat. The more you exercise, the more muscle you ll be building so your weight will likely stay the same or go up, depending on your diet. That s not a bad thing. Your body can look and feel completely different at the same weight you started if you ve increased your lean muscle mass. If you go by the number on the scale, it can be confusing and discouraging.Remember, women don t usually want to bulk up but the more muscle you have, the faster your metabolism will be. In a way, by increasing your muscle mass, you re helping your body self-regulate what it does with caloric intake. The more muscle you have, the less you ll have to worry about the number of calories you take in. However, you still need to make sure the calories are coming from healthy foods and you need protein to develop and maintain muscle.

what i have noticed is i think you need to relax..weigh.. pshhh!! i used to be all about going to the jym and watching what i eat but you know what as long as your not in danger zone why not eat what you like macdonalds was calling to me ;) now i weight 10 stone, and i dont look fat or chubby i guess i would love to be 8 stone, but no one turns their head at me in the street and think oooh what a fatty ..... but if you really want just walk you dogs all time, run with them and have 3 healthy but enjoyable meals a day....but have FUN weight isn t evrthing :D