Wednesday, September 13, 2006

How do I motivate myself to lose weight? -

I would love to loose between 10 to 20 pounds. I am 138lbs now and I am 5 1 , so I imagine its a healthy weight loss. It s funny, 138 pounds to a 5 7 girl is much more slender, but since I am short I look squat and heavier than I really am I keep saying I ll lose weight, for health, for self esteem, body image, for my boyfriend etcBUT I don t ever act upon all that. I say it and go and sit on the computer for hours and I eat icecreamI have motivation but no real drive, no real energy (body and mind) to keep at a rigorous schedule of working out. AKA i get lazy and tired from work and I dun feel like doing anything after i get home...I really want to lose the weight though for when my boyfriend gets out of the army next January (I have alot of time I know, but I have my mother s metabolism...aka none really and excercising is so much more difficult for me. I tried once, I kept at it for months but had nothing to show for it)So...what would you guys do?

well first off... you need to make your self believe that you are going to lose weight, get into the right frame of mind. second right everything down. keep a daily log of how much you eat, and how much you exsorsize, try to keep a 500 calorie deficit, meaning that you need to burn 500 more calories than what you take in, this will effectivley help you lsoe roughly 3 pounds a week... which may not sound good, but trust me 3 pounds a weeks is plently, any more and you would be killing yourself lol

Just ease yourself into a work out. Do nothing real hard just start with things like walking a little every other day. Then you can step it up to running or lifting, and think before you eat. Look at the calories and think if there would be a healthier alternative. Once you start seeing results that is going to motivate you to keep going,:)

i dont know about motivation but if your a pop drinker an easy way to lose a couple of pounds is to stop drinking pop and drink more water instead.. not only are you minimizing intake in calories but your also cleansing your systems of waste. satisfaction and drive will come with results, just be careful when you find motivation

I would learn to enjoy exercise. Go for a long jog in the afternoons and exercise your body and your mind. Don t eat cow pus aka ice cream anyways, its immoral and bad for you. (Good luck getting that one to stick to you). But anyways, just stop the computer abuse and get outdoors, its nice out there.

Maybe take a picture of yourself in a bikini or in your underwear and stick it up on your mirror next to a picture of a teen idol you adore in a similar pose. It will be a daily reminder of the weight you need to lose in order to look as good as your teen idol.

when you want to eat something that is bad, think to yourself that yes it tastes very good but it s only going to last 5 minutes while you eat it, but it will take you 2 hours of exercise to get it off your thighs!

Work out with a friend!!!!!!!!!! and eat healthy it will make u feel better so u will start making healthy and better choices... this website helped me ALOT!!!

wake up at 4 in the moring and run then push ups then situps then wight training then break then all while having a twinky in front of ur face

I think the motivation will come naturally when you re ready. I quit smoking over a year ago and gained quite a bit of weight. I m only just now beginning to work on losing it. Like a lot of people I substituted food for the cigs and now I have a totally different battle to fight. But after taking a REALLY good look at myself and trying to see me as others do, I realize it s time. I m motivated and I m committed to get healthy. Good Luck to you and to me!

Get some energizing music to listen to. I hate to run, but when I have my IPOD and my run play list on - I just go and go. It is hard to get into it sometimes, but you just have to think that YOU ARE THE ONLY PERSON THAT CAN HELP YOURSELF RIGHT NOW. Focus your mind. Leave reminders to yourself : in your phone, on the fridge, in your pocket. Just remind yourself to eat healthy and exercise. Even if it is only for 30 minutes. People are healthy everyday. People exercise everyday. People that are probably more tired than you are... do it! So you can also. Stay focused. Good Luck.

so basically (and i havent acted upon any of this, but...) if you want to burn fat, do cardio: running, walking, biking, or swimming. if you want to tone your body, do strength training like push ups or situps. first, i would try to lose weight and then tone. i read an article and it said that it is not good to workout when you re already exhausted from something else because you are stressing your body, so you re right for not working out after work. try to eat healthier to get more energy, and go for a run during a lunch break or on a day/days that you aren t working. generally, they say do cardio 3-4 times a week and rest in between. even being an active person, i have more muscular strength rather than endurance, so i know starting that much cardio (20-30 mins at a time) at one time can be hard. good luck!