Sunday, September 17, 2006

I want to join weight watchers to lose 20 lbs but my husband says its only a way to learn how to cheat? -

He also says its a waste of money. How do I convince him I want to try it and just to support me with it. With two small kids, a full time job and going to school I cant do the typical weight loss program. and no well just get off you butt remarks either

Honestly, if he has that little trust in you that he would make that comment... it s going to be near impossible to convince him of anything.Just tell him you re going on the diet- you love him and the children and would never cheat on him- tell him he s silly and worries to much- and that you want to improve your health. You ve earned it for yourself, with all your hard work.Then jokingly comment it probably won t work as well as it says anyway- and if it does - he s going to have a thinner, sexier woman in bed ;).

Weight watchers is the only thing that worked for me. Everyone is different and it may not work for anyone else but I lost about 60 pounds in just 4 months. Its not teaching you to cheat, it teaches you to eat. There is a point system and you have to stay in your range for the day for your wieght and you hae to figure the points for everything you eat. Some people don t like that, I didn t but you get used to it. Eventually I kinda just knew what the points would be, at least a good enough estimate. You go every week and it can be costly but it is worth it. You are suposed to contine going i think once a month or something once you reach your goal just to be sure you stay on track but as soon as I hit my goal I stopped going. I have kept the weight off so I would suggest trying it.

Hi This plan worked for me so here goes,If you are serious about losing weight, the calories in the food you eat should be less than the energy you use. You will have to increase your metabolic rate now, and plan your diet carefully.Formulate your own weight loss plan and you will lose weight faster. More details available at http://tinyurl.com/m7ckxGood luck

Try Weight Watchers online. You can chose the CORE program which allows you to eat lean meats, fruits and veggies and other wholesome foods, although you are allowed the occassional cheat foods.The online version is great for busy people and CORE teaches you how to truly eat healther.BTW - The online version is cheaper than going to the weekly meetings and you weigh yourself at home.

Honestly, I wouldn t waste your time or money going either. If you want to lose weight, you can still do it without that. Eat smaller portions and keep your calories anything under what you eat normally. Exercise a bit, and there you have it. I have lost 56 lbs in the past year by those simple habits. You can do it. Good luck.

I don t think it s cheating at all. If it helps you lose weight and keep it off, it s just as valid as any other wight loss program. I say go for it!

I ve known a lot of people who have lost weight on weight watchers and kept it off. If you re concerned about money, I have noticed people selling their weight watchers books/pamphlets on eBay. That s all you really need, especially if you don t have time to attend the meetings and weigh-ins.