Monday, January 15, 2007

Weight loss tips/help? Please Help!!!? -

I am 18, 195lbs, 5ft 6in. I am 1200-1300 calorie diet as well as I stopped eating and drinking sweets like soda, juice, cookies, chocolate etc. I am trying to cut down on my excessive sugar intake by keeping a journal and only having 38g or less of sugar. I have been going very steady without drinking juice or soda. But the hardest part for me is saying no to things like desserts, cookies, candy etc. Whenever I see sweets I get seriously tempted by it and give in. I want to stop but I don t know how. Any tips on how to NOT EAT anymore sweets? I have the drinking part down pat because I limited myself to only water or milk.

Eat fruit instead for the sweetness. Find yourself some healthy cake/cookie recipes, they are out there. I find I really want chocolate sometimes, so I make myself a hot chocolate drink with low fat milk, cocoa, and honey - at least it stops me eating a whole bar of chocolate lol. I find if I try to deprive myself too much, I don t stick to the diet long term. Remember that you need to change your eating habits for life, not just diet to lose weight - so you need to have an eating plan that is realistic in the long term.

if u want to loss weight go to http://www.sparkteens.com and sign up. they have amazing tipes to help with losing weight and eating more healthy. but for me what has worked the best is the 20 minute cardio work out 3 times a week. and do some type of ab work out 3 times a week. and drink lots of water. but ya check it out. its great and best part its free.

have one cheat day. honestly I would also try and eat a bit more. once you get down to about 140-145lbs is when you will need to start eating 1200-1300 cals. I would start eating about 1700-1800 cals a day. you will still lose.

Ok. Firstly don t treat a diet as one . Treat it as a healthy lifestyle. All you have to do is..Not Eat SnacksEat Low Carb Food Drink WaterExercising ( Swim or Something )Cut down desserts Or have fruits for dessert.ALWAYS drink water

just keep doing what your doing,thats pretty much what iv been doing and its worked for me, now i dont really want them anymore, exept maybe like once a fortnight.. so maybe that will happen to you ?

Buy more fruits and vegetables (fresh, frozen, canned, or dried). Buy fewer soft drinks and high-fat or high-calorie snack foods like chips, cookies, and candy. Losing ? to 2 pounds a week by making healthy food choices, eating moderate portions, and building physical activity into your daily life is the best way to lose weight and keep it off. By adopting healthy eating and physical activity habits, you may also lower your risk for developing type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and high blood pressure.

You don t need to completely cut out sweets-- cutting down is a very good idea, and it s sounds like you re doing okay about that.The best way to lose weight is to simply eat smaller portions. And to make you less hunger, more portions though-out the day. Like instead of eating a big breakfast, lunch and dinner, eat a small portion of food, maybe 4 or 5 times a day. Or you can just eat less at breakfast, lunch, and dinner time. It all depends on your schedule really.And then don t forget the physical activity! That is a very important part in achieving a healthy weight.The whole philosophy about this method is that we are going back to the way humans naturally eat. In our fast-pased world, it s easiest just to eat fast. But when you eat fast you eat more, so stretch your stomach. If you do this enough, you will always be hungry than you should be. So, to reverse this-- A.) Eat slowly B.) Eat smaller portions (and if you eat slowly that s not that hard to do.) C.) Exercise.Easy as that! Well, okay, it s FAR from easy, but fancy diets, and pills only complicate the process. It will be tough, but being healthy is worth it in the end.I hope you the very best of luck, and hope I helped you at least a bit. Sorry if some part of my answer is confusing.And again-- Good Luck! :D

exercise 3 to 5 days a week. 3 days of lifting and 2 days of cardio (walking bike ride etc. Also make sure you take a multivitiman to get in your daily intake of nutrition. Eat meat for protein and try to eat small meals throughout the day. Also drink plenty of water. If you drink anything else good options are gatorade and v8 fusion because it has servings of fruit and vegetable but dont drink too much of eith one. Be willing to work for results and realize your body isnt going to get where you want it to be at in 24 hours. Good luck and feel free to email me if you need some encouragement!

Give yourself one day a week where you allow yourself something sweet....a bowl of ice cream, or 2 cookies...a candy bar...something like that.I recently started doing this, telling myself that on this one day, I can reward myself for my efforts. 2 weeks into it, and I dont even really miss the sweets anymore....and trust me, I have got (or used to have) a huge sweet tooth! Ive dropped 3.5 pounds in 2 weeks by doing this, plus exercise.The hardest part is getting the will power and being ready to make the lifestyle change. Once you have that down, the rest is easy. Good luck!!!