Sunday, February 18, 2007

Can I loose weight by swimming? -

I m a 13 year old girl. I m approx. 5ft 6in tall and weigh 220 lbs. I just joined a local swim team that meets for 1 hour, three days a week. The season goes on until April. Can I loose a lot of weight by doing this?Also, some good weight-loss tips from anyone (teens especially) who has successfully lost a lot of weight would be very appreciated.Thank you! :D

in daily competitive swimming

YES. That is one of the best ways. Your muscles will also get very toned.

I tried this and was not so successful. I read that cool water like in swimming pool actually causes your body to try to stay fat in order to keep warm. Ever seen a skinny whale? Still, it is very good exercise but maybe not the best for weight loss.

this is a great calorie burning exercise! just don,t eat more food, and you will lose.

You may not be able to loose weight, but you could lose some by swimming every day.