Saturday, March 17, 2007

Why do I always get the munchies in the late afternoon, even tho I still eat a healthy snack.? -

Mid afternoon and earlier evening are my worst times to snack. I was recently dx with Reactive Hypoglycemia and I m trying to lose weight. Any ideas as to why I m super hungery during these times or any weight loss tips would be great.No stupid answers please, Thanks :)

I hope you know about high and low glycemic index (GI) foods.Carbohydrates that break down rapidly during digestion releasing glucose rapidly into the bloodstream have a high GI; carbohydrates that break down slowly, releasing glucose gradually into the bloodstream, have a low GI.Good carbohydrates, bad carbohydrates. Low glycemic index, high glycemic index. A great tool to help you lower your glucose levels or lose weight. You might have heard all these statements associated with the glycemic index. What is this glycemic index all about? Is it worth considering as a way to help you control your blood glucose levels?High glycemic index foods include many carbohydrates such as these: * Bread * Pasta * Rice * Cereal * Baked goodsPlus any sweets I assume. Some sources put pasta and rice into category of low glycemic index food. Then I guess they are in the middle.Low glycemic index foods include these: * Fruits * Vegetables * Whole grains * LegumesI hope it helps, google glycemic index and research more!Hypoglicemia happens to me too, I think it s because when I eat sweets, my insulin goes up way too high. What insulin do to you? It lowers your blood sugar. In my case it lowers sugar way too much. I avoid eating sweets on empty stomach.