Saturday, May 12, 2007

Any weight loss tips for dogs? -

One of my Beagles is a bit heavier than I d like her too be. She s five years old and she has been neutered.She gets regular exercise, four walks a day ranging from 20 mins to hour and a half periods of time. She plays like mad with her brother. She does run around a bit when out on walks but she always seems to want to stop and eat grass! Generally she s really content. But I m worried that its not good for her health. She s always fed on the right amount of low fat food ( beta-light ) and very rarely gets tit-bits. I have her to the vets but he just says she s a little chubby!Do you know of any good weight loss ideas?

Not an answer to your question, but I did like the suggestion that you should give your dog green tea!

giver her a bit less food and for longer runs and do tricks with her that should work, if she is only a little bit over weight she will be fine if she gets to over weight the vets will give you a diet plan