Sunday, June 17, 2007

Weight loss tips for a 16 year old girl? -

I m 5 8 and weigh about 165 lbs. I want to be able to lose at least 15 lbs by the time school starts (about a month and a half). I ve gained a little bit of weight in the past month (about 5 lbs) because I was over eating a little bit because I ve been depressed, but now I want to lose weight for school. I ve been cutting out a lot of sugar in my diet, and I ve been eating more fish and poultry and drinking a lot more water. I ve also been working out a bit every day (not too much tho. I should probably do more...)Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had some good diet and exercise suggestions for me. I have to say tho, I m pretty much poor and can t afford to go out and buy anything expensive like Slim Fast or weights or resistance bands or anything like that. And I don t have a gym membership or any special exercise equipment. I was just wondering if you had any tips to help me lose some weight without having to go out and but anything special. Thank you so much in advance! --Panda

I lost 50 pounds in 5 months. The doctor said that I did it at good rate. I keep it off for over 2 years, the due to some extenuating circumstances I gained 15 pounds back...but am on way to losing it.I did this by eating smaller, snack size meals, every 2-3 hours. This keeps your metabolism going so you burn more calories, and keeps your blood sugar level so you won t feel as hungry.I highly suggest foods high in protein and fiber. Low fat, but NOT non-fat. Drink plenty of water. Keep your meals small.....most of them 200 calories or less. There are a million 100 calorie snack products out there to help. Dinner can be a little more....I love Lean Cuisine dinners. Don t skip dessert! I personally love anything chocolate and ice cream is great. I like Skinny Cow ice creams or Bryers / Dryers double churn ice cream. Eat foods you like or you won t stick to it.Go for walks every day or at least do some sort of exercise program. But walks are easy to fit into anyone s schedule and give you time to unwind and think.Good luck....I hope you reach your goal.

one of the healthiest things you can do is become a vegetarian. i lost 10 pounds the first month i cut all animal meat out of my diet. and that includes fish. truth is meat isnt good for you, the only nutrient it has that you need is protein, and you can get that from nuts. and many other vegetarian products. becoming a vegetarian is hard but extremely healthy and worth it, and theres a plus of losing weight quickly. good luck. but remember your beautfiul just the way god made you!

You can lose weight if you use correct way. I tried many way, but could not lose weight. I found the best way that works just amazing for anyone. I lost my weight easy using this diet way. You should have look correct info that works. I lost 16 pounds after 5 weeks with this diet way. I highly recommend you. You can get more info from http://bit.ly/edbgier3

I have been working out every night for 30 minutes for the past 2 months and I have lost 20lbs!I have kept my meals under 16 grams of fat and my calories at around 1700 for the WHOLE DAY.Write down every thing you eat. If you make a bad choice make a better one the next time!It has helped me keep up with my weight loss.

This works every time:Breakfast: Special K with milkLunch: Sandwich and granola bar (don t over do it)Snack: BananaDinner: Something with carbs, a little meat, and veggiesNO DESSERT!And walk A LOT 3-4 days a week.

Look up your BMR. It will save you a lot of disappointment. :)

dont drink soda, drink WATER. jog in the morning before school or after, DONT eat sweets, dont stuff yourself. eat as if your leaving room for dessert (but dont eat dessert)

jog around your neighborhood, sit ups (helps with tummy fat) replace ALL drainks with water. 1 snack a day, dont over proportion. that the main thing-proportions.

Just keep excersizing alot i m doing the same thing except i wanna loose 20lbs... ._.

IF you really want to lose weight go to the wood with only a knife and water filter

i would not lose more than two pounds a week, or it will come back with a vengence. there are many web sites that offer free exercise videos that you can do at home. for the most part, do at least 30 to 40 minutes of cardio five times a week. this can be walking hills or running. do pushups and situps public libraries have free dvd exercise rentals. do not go too low in calories. you cannot humanly possibly starve yourself forevere. you are way too young to slow down your metabolism. i am 43 and i was fat all my life. i lost 85 pounds when i was 23,and i have kept them off by having patience. i dieted all my teen life, and it was a struggle when i got older. think of the future. you did not become overwieght fast, so do not try to get skinny fast.

I m having the same problem as you at the same age, except I weigh twice as much as you.Swimming has helped me a lot! I work at the pool, and so i get a great opportunity to go swimming. The admission for the pool i work at is 3 dollars, and that is not bad at all in my honest opinion.It s not about eating less, it s about eating healthy. Your body needs calories or it will go into starvation mode, making it impossible to lose weight. One thing i have done is stopped worrying about my weight as much as i worry about my size. You can gain muscle and lose fat and still have gained weight .Milk milk milk! i know it can be gross, (I hate the taste of milk) but any way you can get milk into your diet will help. If it s chugging a glass first thing before breakfast, or pouring extra into your cereal in the morning so that you drink more when it s done, however you can do it, do it! I eat about 6 small meals a day, instead of the standard 3. This keeps you from overeating at meals. I know it sounds crazy, but if you usually have a sandwich, chips, and a pear for lunch, save the pear for later in the afternoon as a snack! These little things keep you from feeling starving during dinner, and that will keep you from over eating.Good luck, and keep healthy!

plenty of water, lean meats and good fruits/veggies will go a long way.this is the regimen i used to put the most muscle on and lose fat quickly.breakfast: egg whites (no yolks), oatmeal w/cinnamon or any spice of your choosing.lunch: baked/grilled chicken or fish, deep green veggies(spinach,broccoli,sprouts etc) and light sugar fruits(bananas, apples) and brown rice.dinner: same as lunch, but in a larger portion.now, cardio will help you lose the most weight. you can either bicycle or jog/run. try to do it for more than a hour each day at the pace that ll make you work, but not pass out.Good luck! :)