Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Weight loss tips n e one??? -

I need to shed about 20 lbs but am unmotivated and i really enjoy food. Are there any diets to which I dont have to starve myself ???

starving is not a diet.diet is a way of life, something you can follow every day of your life because only permanent changes in lifestyle will give you permanent results.find daily calorie intake calculator on the net, enter all your stats and it will tell you how many calories you need a day to maintain, take off 300-400cal off that number and thats how much you need to lose.eat 5-6 small meals a day (eat every 2-3 hours - it optimizes your metabolism)5-8 servings of fruit and veggies a day8 glasses of waterhave complex carbs for breakfast - they give you energyhave protein (lean meat, legumes etc) for dinner - repairs musclecardio is the only fat burning exercise and burns fat all over your body (running, jogging, swimming, spinning, elliptical etc) 4-6 times a week for 30-50min (ideally 45min because the first 20-30min body burns carbs and only then starts burning fat), light weight training (more muscle=faster metabolism)dont consume foods that are made of white flour (white bread, cakes, pasta etc.), sugar loaded foods (cookies, icecream, candy etc) and nothing fried, oily.ofcourse you can spoil yourself once in a while with a little treat:)

do you like meat and eggs? you could try a ketogenic diet. this is a low carb diet similar to atkins. it works greatand you dont have to limit the amount you eat. its not easy eating nothing but meat and eggs. if you think you can do it, you can lose the 20 lbs in 2-3 weeks on this type of diet.

stop eating alot and stay active. do some jogging play some basketball or go bike riding. just get off the couch.

I remember going to the doctor once and him telling me I was overweight. I think it was because he has been my doctor since I was baby that it hit me hard but bam that was my motivation. He always has told me and I don t remember but Ive also heard it elsewhere. You need to eat period. The thing is instead of starving yourself like lots of people do, whenever you are hungry eat small portions until your body is satisfied and then stop. The little bit you eat throughout the day helps keep your metabolism going. Being active is definately another must do. You can change your routine to little things such as parking on the other end of the parking lot so you have to walk a little more. If you work in a large building, stairs instead of elevators. Little things like that. Best of luck I m also on that quest.Have you ever tried the slim fast diet? I lost a good 30 lbs with that one. It was hard to get used to a small bar as a complete meal but it did the job.Good Luck!!!