Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Do I have to be skinny to skateboard? -

hey I have been wondering i ve been skating for about 4 months and I can t really do anything......like I can ollie/ollie up curbs, I can kickflip but really really sketchyI am not really fat but I really want to lose some weight. Will it be easier to skate when im skinny?O and if you have any weight loss tips tell me PLZ I need themthanks

you burn fat skating so skate all day you ll be good and lose hella weight

Nope. I know a kid whose got a little chub to them who can tre flip a 9. Plus if you start skating a lot you ll naturally lose weight.

Skateboarding will undoubtedly come easier to you if you were lighter however I ve been skating for about 15yrs and in that time I ve met some heavily overwieght skateboarders, and I remeber one in particular being very good his nickname was cletus (i don t know his real name) and he skated with a group of kids out of Boston who put out a few videos under the name Bubs who were loosely affiliated with colliseum skateshop (the guys who put out pj ladd s wonderful horrible life).. anyways those kids were all really good and prob still are...def look them up online if you get the chance...having said that the best advice i think i could give you is to pursue loosing weight as it will ultimately benefit you in all aspects of your life...dont over stress about it though, depending on how old you are you may end up growing into your weight..otherwise i would recommend watching what you eat...dieting is the most important and probably hardest aspect of loosing weight, theres millions of tips for dieting so rather then write them here i would just say read into it online menshealth.com is a good site etc. if dieting alone doesn t seem to help then joining a gym can be a great way to get fit and it helps you stay motivated. In the meantime try not to get discouraged if tricks don t come easy to you right now. Just enjoy skateboarding and have fun regardless of skill level., thats what its all about anyways just having fun for the love of skateboarding.