Friday, July 13, 2007

Weight loss for a disabled person.? -

HelloI am a 23 year old women and am disabled. I have a lot of difficulty moving the lower half of my body and as a result I have put on weight. I eat healthy, and drink only water and fruit juice. Can anyone give me some weight loss tips, exercise is very difficult when movement is restricted. Thank you!!

I think this is a great question. As a few others have suggested, I would consult with your doctor, attend support groups or exercise groups for people with disabilities and retain the services of a fitness professional who has expertise in disabilities. I know that some hospitals and rehabilitation centers have programs for individuals with disabilities, including recreational and exercise activities. In addition, I googled exercise for people with disabilities and found several sites... here are just a few. www.ncpad.orgwww.highbeam.com (a search for articles on this topic)www.thefreelibrary.com (a yoga-based program)Good luck!!! I d actually be interested in more details or an update, if you want to share.

hello, im an amputee, and live in a wheely chair... so i know what you mean... we cant exactly get up and run a marathon..eat one maybe... but lack of exercise isnt a deadly contributing factor... providing you eat properly... 1 cook your own food, from ingredients2 DONT buy weighwatchers products, they cost the earth and taste like wet cardboard, and youll NOT loose weight, just money. send me an address, and ill send you a few dozen recipies, which are easy to cook, cost next to nothing, and contain ONLY healthy ingredients...

I d suggest investing in hiring a trainer who is certified in physical rehab. It s hard to give you an answer because we don t know what the exact nature of your your disability is. There are no easy answer here. We need more info!

yes you can really lose weight by following the natural ways which are mentioned in the below website.

swim......

i think that the below website will help you to find the right solution.

Actually you can check out this website.http://www.homefitnesscorp.comGo to the forum and ask your question. If you direct it to Justin he will be able to answer it. He specializes in exercise for special needs.I hope this helps you. I know he can.