Friday, August 10, 2007

LGBT: Am I fat???( 20 Characters)? -

15, Male, 5 6, 175 lbs, 30% Body Fat. I am a vegetarian and I eat as healthy as I can afford to. Any weight loss tips?

yes. you re obese

You are overweight, but kust try to eat fruits and veggies more than carbs, and exercise. Also try to more snacks and less at meals, your metabolism will get a bit faster. Also, if you have snacks more, you eat less in total usually (as long as they are healthy snacks, 100-200 calories, which can be a great snack if its fruits and veggies with dips or things) because your hunger is already partially satisfied.

According to the National Heart Lung and Blood Institute, your BMI (Body Mass Index) is 28.2- and according to their chart, Overweight = 25-29.9 and Obese = 30 or greater.So yes, you are overweight.Being a vegetarian doesn t guarentee that you will be healthier or skinner then meat eaters. When I went through a vegetarian phase, I lost 15 pounds in a week because i wasn t getting enough protein. Nowadays I eat more tofu. Im 5 9 and weigh 165 pounds, which puts me at 24.4, just .6 points away from being overweight. Body weight also includes muscle mass, which ways more then fat. I dont know about body fat percentages unfortunately. Just make sure you are getting 30 minutes of exersise everyday. I know its easier said then done, but it s true. Processed foods are going to affect your weight more then natural or organic foods- i know it s not always easy to eat cheap and be healthy that way, but planning ahead and seeing where you can get deals is best.

Well, the answer to ur question can be determined by measuring your BMI (Body Mass Index), There s a formula for it, but here s the website link that does it automatically: http://www.nhlbisupport.com/bmi/I calculated it for you, and:-Your BMI = 28.2 And the BMI Categories: Underweight = 18.5 Normal weight = 18.5-24.9 Overweight = 25-29.9 Obesity = BMI of 30 or greater So you classify as Overweight Here are some tips for losing weight from http://exercise.about.com/cs/weightloss��To lose one pound of fat, you must burn approximately 3500 calories over and above what you already burn doing daily activities. That sounds like a lot of calories and you certainly wouldn t want to try to burn 3500 calories in one day. However, by taking it step-by-step, you can determine just what you need to do each day to burn or cut out those extra calories. Below is a step by step process for getting started. 1.Calculate your BMR (basal metabolic rate). Your BMR is what your body needs to maintain normal functions like breathing and digestion. This is the minimum number of calories you need to eat each day. Keep in mind that no calculator will be 100% accurate, so you may need to adjust these numbers as you go along. 2.Calculate your activity level. Use a calorie calculator to figure out how many calories you burn while sitting, standing, exercising, lifting weights, etc. throughout the day. It helps to keep a daily activity journal or you could even wear a heart rate monitor that calculates calories burned. 3.Keep track of how many calories you eat. You can use a site like Calorie Count or use a food journal to write down what you eat and drink each day. Be as accurate as possible, measuring when you need to or looking up nutritional information for restaurants, if you eat out. 4.Add it up. Take your BMR number, add your activity calories and then subtract your food calories from that total. If you re eating more than you re burning, (your BMR + activity is 2000 and you re eating 2400 calories) you ll gain weight. If you re burning more than you eat, you ll lose weight. I calculated you BMR for you, here s the link of the calculator: http://exercise.about.com/library/blbmrc��Your BMR= 1895I hope I helped!! Good luck! :D :D

though the other answers answered it more accurately, I think you re pretty average for your age. I m 14, the doctor says I m average. we kind of even out, but anyways.for exercise, I can t really give you tips. for food, I ll try.well, I m doing this diet called the high fructose high diet. it means you don t eat anything with high fructose corn syrup, an ingredient used in MANY food products. believe me, I lost like 5lbs. it works. you should try it. go here: http://www.wikihow.com/Avoid-High-Fructose-Corn-Syrupdrink WATER! it cleanses out your body 75% of our body is made of it, so um... drink it a lot. also, try not to eat during the night. if you must, eat some fruit. fast food? BAD idea.but yeah. I hope I helped :)

Honestly. Eat less... I go on a starvation diet... works for me. Its not dangerous...

I stopped all soda and started eating healthier and occasionally running... went from 154 to 135, i m 5 11