Friday, September 21, 2007

Please share your successful weight-loss stories with me? -

I am a 24 year old female and have become seriously overweight since having my child - almost 2 years ago and STILL havent lost any of the weight. I am looking to lose 50-100 lbs. and need some advice on how to do it in a healthy way. I want to change my lifestyle completely, not just lose the weight. It is to the point where my weight has effected my health in a very negative way - I just recently had my gallbladder removed (not sure if it was related to my weight, but was told it was probably from pregnancy), I have plantar fasciitis (my heels KILL me all the time), and my hip has been hurting for almost a month now and I havent found out why yet. Needless to say, it is time to take the weight off. Can anyone tell me how they have successfully lost weight and how? Can anyone give me any weight-loss tips that have worked for them? Please, any suggestions would be great...

go wheat free. No pasta, pizza, bread and so on. And no food after 7 p.m.I know a woman who lost 60 pounds a month on it. She did nothing else!

The only thing that worked for me and my hubby was eating better and eating the right portions..We have been brainwashed into thinking we need more food than we do..We eat off a salad plate..not a dinner plate..we eat one meat and two vegetables or one meat , a salad and a vegetable. We limit the amount of pasta and breads ..only one piece of bread a day and pasta once a week..we didn t have to exercises or do work outs until we lost weight and felt good enough to do it..Also we drink one 4 oz glass of water before , during and after each meal..drinking the water made me so full, I didn t want to snack in between meals..if u do feel the need to snack eat a piece of fruit only..If you can stick to this regiment for just two weeks you will more than likely lose at least 7 pounds..We still eat the foods we like but we eat less of them..good Luck.

I tried the Akins thing and lost alot of weight but it came back plus some, currently i lost 55 pounds in about 4 months. My key is to join a gym, do cardio and watch what you eat, you said you want a lifestyle change well this is it, you dont want to diet, just cut your portions and choose better foods, instead of white bread its Lite whole wheat bread, instead of ice cream i eat sugar free popcicles, i use spray butter on toast or whole wheat english muffins, i drink a lot of water... start out with minor changes and walking and build yourself up. try eating 5-6 small meals instead of 3 big meals thats always good too.-start walking-cut portions-make substitutions (spray butter, fat free dressing)-start walking then build yourself up-5-6 small mealsHope that helps it really helped me.

i lost 62 pounds on slimfast - however, it was not a lifestyle change and when I stopped the slimfast and stopped working out, i gained it all backcut out white rice and bread - go for grains that are 100% whole wheat - cut back on portions, eat slower and you ll get full quicker - eat fresh steamed veggies instead of canned veggies, do the same with fruits (fresh over canned) - limit your fat intake (just be sensible) - you can eat lean meats including beef, chicken, turkey, and fish. Don t give into going to fast food placescardio 30 mins. a day (walk, run, ride bike, skate, etc.), drink lots of water (no soda or sugary drinks) and i would take a multi-vitamen such as centrum just in case you don t get enough from your meals

Hi there. I ve managed to lose 30+ pounds (I m still working on those last stubborn 15!) and I eat a LOT of fruit and veggies, drink 2-3 glasses of skim milk a day, drink at least 8 glasses of water, and eat lean protein (chicken, turkey, beans, etc...). I eat oatmeal every morning with a glass of skim milk, I eat yogurt (or soup) for lunch every day, along with a banana and carrots. For snacks I usually eat apples with all-natural peanut butter. For dinner I eat usually whatever I want, just watch portions. As for exercise, I have worked my way up to running/jogging 2-3 miles or more a day. To start out with just start walking as long as you can (5-10 minutes) or other forms of exercise (you should see a doctor and a personal trainer to identify the best exercise techniques since you have health problems). =D Good luck, I know you can do it!

first off cut out all sugar ,use sweet and low instead. start measuring your food . You could try eating breakfast like curves cereal and soy milk ,have a salad for lunch consisting of romaine lettuce ,carrot shreds ,alfafla sprouts and olive oil and balsamic vinegar for dressing , then go for a walk start slow at first and then increase as time goes on ,for snacks if you have to have one try rice cakes with some hummus ,and for dinner 2oz lean meat such as chicken or fish ,no starches such as noodles or potatoes ,and a healthy salad . drink plenty of water and nothing to eat after 7 pm and exercise before you go to bed .