Thursday, January 17, 2008

How to lose weight before holiday!? -

I need to tone up and lose weight to get rid of my tubby belly and bum! I m going on holiday in about 9-12 weeks and want to get from 136-140 lb to 112lb. Is this possible. My height is 5 6 is the weight I want to achive enough for a flat tummy? Should I join a gym for a few weeks? Any tips please.

There are many, many, *many* crazy methods people will come up with that claim to help you loose weight, but just remember the first law of thermodynamics: energy in = energy out+stored energy.If you take in more energy (measured in calories) in a day than you expend, your body will store this (as fat) so that you can use it at a later date. If you use more energy than you take in, your body will have to consume internal energy sources (first glycogen, stored in your muscles, then catabolic processes that break down fat and muscle tissue and convert it to energy).The most effective way of burning fat is long, low-intensity exercise. 60-minutes or more of running, cycling, rowing. The best advice I can give you is to find something that you really enjoy doing. I like cycling myself, and so exercise is not a chore but a pleasure and so I do it all the time.More importantly, though, is to do this *regularly*. The amount of fat you burn in a single session won t be enough to make a dent. Regular exercise over weeks and months raises your bodies resting metabolic rate, meaning you will burn more calories even when you aren t exercising.Other than that, the rest is obvious, eat a sensible, low-fat diet. Cut out any refined sugars (sugary drinks etc), refined flour (white bread, white pasta, white rice). Drink lots of water - this is *very* important, drink 2 litres every day in small, regular amounts. Recent studies have also shown that high-calcium diets can reduce the amount of fat that your body absorbs from your food, so stock up on low-fat milk, yogurt and cheese.You ll be looking good in no-time, but what is more is that you will feel great, with loads of energy and a positive outlook.Best of luck with it!

why not just join a gym? and keep going to be toned and slim all year round, im sure Liam would like that ;o)

Join the gym and be disciplined in going to the gym. You re not going to lose any weight by just joining the gym:) Nearly 30lb is a lot to lose in a few months. The right diet and exercise regime will make you look better even if you do not lose all the weight you want.

Try a cleansing diet! I did and lost 11 pounds and 21 inches in only 9 days. I was very happy with the results and continued on the program and lost 29 pounds in 5 weeks. This is the fastest I have ever lost with other diets like Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Medifast, Slimfast etc��. Cleansing works by removing impurities from your body. You get impurities from your food (pesticides, preservatives, food additives, colorings) water, chemicals, pollution, medications, alcohol, hormones that the animals you eat were fed etc��.YUCK! The impurites get coated with fat and remain in your body. To remove the fat, you have to remove the impurites. This system worked for me, maybe it can work for you too. You can check out the website or call this toll free number 1-877-587-4647 for more info. The program is not cheap, but it is worth every penny since it works and keeps you motivated. Good luck! More cleansing info at http://diet4cleansing.com

, if losing some pounds of any description and inches is what you want then I would suggest you use a diet that is all natural and is rich in protein and vitamins, which is what the FDA recommends. I used a protein based diet after a friend who had lost a lot of weight with this recommended it to me. All the way through you feel great and energized, you also get great coaching and support along the way. The people are very friendly and gave me lots of great advice. I needed to lose 40 pounds and I did so with no problems. The products really work and you feel great whilst losing weight. I lost all my weight in less than four months and they have helped me to keep it off. I would definitely recommend using them. My sister did this also and lost 76 pounds in five months (She works out, I don��t). There is no pressure and they will even send you a load of free samples so you can try before you buy. The samples were the thing that initially convinced me that this was the right diet for me. You also a get a free complete health consultation with the samples, I just paid the postage and handling, but for what I got it was well worth it. You just to go to myhealthabc.com to register your details to get the free samples and the free advice etc and then they just call you up and ask you a few questions. It was so easy. Their main site is www.myhealthabcmall.com and you can see all the products and packages and order from their. Its nice to have contact with real people who care about you losing weight and improving your health. I am in better health now than I have ever been thanks to these products and I know that I will continue to keep the weight off with the help I have received. I hope this helps.

i find calories and swimming the best and definbately quickest way goodluck :)

Cut out bread pasta sweets eat more veg walk more smple remedes far more effective than expensive gyms.

Liam,Check out the page below...take the 10-week challenge. It s geared for a 1-pound per week weight loss which is pretty aggressive. If you exercise regularly and watch your calorie-intake you could lose weight a tad faster. Hope that helps! Have fun on holiday!- Mike