Friday, January 18, 2008

How to lose weight while on crutches? -

So I dislocated, fractured my fibula and tore my ligaments. Can t walk for 2 1/2 months. It s been 10 days and I ve gained 5 lbs. What can I do to lose weight? Also, I can t swim since I have a splint.

Weight training burns fat and builds muscle. you should try it along with a high protein low carb and low fat diet.

your weight changes during the day, man. i weigh myself before and after a workout and i tend to lose 2-5 pounds from sweat. even on off days it can swing 10 pounds either way throughout the day.water retention is a killer, man. try limiting your sodium intake. i d just stick to physical therapy. if you can, try to stretch and gain some flexibility on your upper body. i quit weightlifting for six months to concentrate on my flexibility with yoga and i friggin own dudes that outweigh me by 40 pounds in the gym (after i got used to weights again, which was less than a month.)sorry to hear that, man.

I m so sorry about your accident and I hope you heal very quickly. I found the following post on the internet and hope it may help. You can still work out your good leg by doing single leg extensions. Get a pair of adjustable spin lock dumbbells and work your entire upper body including your arms (seated curls lying triceps extensions), chest (supime Bench press dumbbell flyes), back (prone High bench rows or seated cable rows), shoulders (seated press lying front raises), and abs (crunches). You have 640 muscles in your body to work with so don t let a broken leg slow you down. Working out the rest of your body will speed up the healing process .It will give you a little exercise, anyway.I am sure that you are watching your diet now that you are not mobile.Are you finding that you are eating more out of boredom? I m sure that I would. Be sure that you have harmless munchies around such as fresh carrots, tomatoes, green and red peppers, cucumbers, turnips, radishes and the like to nibble on. You can make them more interesting with a non fat salsa dip. Good luck to you.

Great post! I totally understand how you feel. I m also trying to lose weight fast and I found Acai berry, a great product which is working for me (it s all 100% natural - a colon cleanse that was really gentle on my body. I feel so good and I lost 15 pounds in 2 months). You can check the website at: http://acaijuicepower.blogspot.com

The best way to lose weight fast and effectively:Burn more calories then you consumeGo back to You: On a DietEat FruitVegetableCardio WorkoutConsume foods with fiberConsume filling foodsInterval TrainingStrenght Training

Well if you only have been gaining weight while you ve been on crutches, I m guessing you re just lacking exercise..but, if you ve been eating alot more because you re bored or something, maybe you just need to eat a little healthier :)

I don t like to workout, so I found out about this sugar less chocolate. I was 160 pounds. I started using this sugar less chocolate through the day to replace meals and I lost 25 pounds in two months. They have a website called www.truchocolate.tv

oh man! sounds like you got it tough,my suggestion would be sit ups, you can lie down of the ground and get your head up and feel the pain in your abdomen, crunches are good too, but yeah, good luck!

Easy! Pick up your crutches and start walking. It is the ultimate upper body work-out, and it is free...

liposuction would do it...might want to plan out what you re eating, and try stationary exercises..

Dont eat anything

I solved my weight problems. Read about my experience here http://www.acaiburns.net/

Chew lots of gum.Get Trident Xtra Care. It makes your teeth whiter.

eat lots of protien it makes you go toliet ALOT

you should do a ton of arm exercises and get your arms ripped,

crunchesphysical therapyhahaanswermineyohttp://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;��