Tuesday, February 19, 2008

How to lose weight on the calf? -

What kind of exercise will help lose some calf muscles? I currently swim and jog but doesn t seem to help much.

Jogging will certainly increase the size of your calf. Being a runner myself, I notice my calves are fairly well developed despite not hitting them very much at the gym. Swimming should be fine however as that tends to be an upper body exercise.Remember, you cannot spot reduce -- if that was the case, all those ab machines you see hawked on tv would really give you six-pack abs. You can certainly tone the area by doing calf exercises, but anything short of plastic surgery isn t going to reduce the size of your calves.Other things to consider:Examine your weight. If you are heavier, you may need to lose body weight (some of which will come off your calf). Also, wearing high heels could also be making your calf more muscular and hence bigger. Genetics: perhaps you are predisposed to large calves, in which case there isn t a whole lot you can do.Good luck.

anyone tried massage? Report Abuse

You re only making them bigger with that...don t do anything. Believe me, I tried all that, and it only made my calves bigger, now I can t even zippen up my boots all the way.