Saturday, February 16, 2008

How to Lose Weight While Training for a Triathlon? -

I m in the process of training for a triathalon and want to loose some weight. I m 18, 5 5 , and weigh 122 pounds. I love the swimming part of the triathalon, but I m not much for the biking and running. I want to loose weight, but in a healthy way. How can I go about doing this? I always eat granola bars before a workout.

The best way is to just not worry about it. You ll naturally get toned as you continue training. Also, you don t have to be super thin or lose alot of weight to be a strong triathlete. Many triathletes find that if they focus on maintaining or losing weight, they re performance suffers. Your body needs lots of energy to be able to finish a tri and if you re forcing yourself to lose weight your body is burning more energy than you are putting into it on a daily basis which will not help you at all come race day. When I started doing tri s last year I thought I had to lose weight to get better, but after a month of training and rapid weight loss, I always felt weak and i wasn t getting any faster. I started eating more, especially immediatley following my workouts. I ve found a good post workout meal to be a bagel (preferably whole grain), some yogurt (get whatever brand has the most protein, around here its Hy-Vee store brand yogurt), and maybe some plain grilled chicken. Ideally, as you train your body will naturally find it s balance between strength and weight. You might even gain weight, but you ll be more toned than you ve ever been before and thats what counts!

Training for a triathalon will be enough to bring about weight loss. The running and biking parts will give you the best results as they are apparently the parts you do not like and probably do not do as much.

Easy xD just train monitored by a trainer and eat a well-balanced diet made by a professional in a constant way