Sunday, April 20, 2008

Weight Loss Tips Please? -

I need to lose alot of weight. I don t know where to begin or how to keep myself motivated. For those of you who have lost a lot of weight, how did you do it and keep yourself motivated? I know that I have to burn more calories than I consume. I know I have to give up junk food and not eat three hours before I go to sleep. But...what foods will give me energy and keep me fuller longer? What foods should I absolutely avoid? How much should I exercise? Again....how can I stay motivated?

eat more fiber (fruits and vegatables), drinnk more water, eat more protein, avoid fatty foodWeight Loss Tipshttp://weightlossweightloss.blogspot.com��----Exercise(Aerobics and Strength Training)--Interval Training - great way to boost metabolism----Drink more water----Increase your protein intake----Eat Negative calorie food -- --Eat slowly----Cut down the sugar intake-----Do not skip meals----Eat breakfast everyday ----Eat smaller, more frequent meals----Replace white rice, bread, and pasta with brown rice and whole-grain products--http://weightlossweightloss.blogspot.com��

I m no expert, but I ve read somewhere that what you need isn t motivation. Rather, self-discipline.Motivation can boost you at first, but it degrades in time, and before you know it, you re back doing the same old things again. Disciplining yourself on the other hand is tough, but focuses on long term.If you force yourself on something which you don t like, fairly soon you ll resent doing it at all.Try setting small goals like I ll try eating this only once a week or I won t open this bag till I do this etcetera. Doing something drastic will be too much and focuses on the short term. So rather than shock yourself with impossible diets and rigorous exercises, try going slowly.Increasing your limit, reducing your vices bit by bit, until you ve made it into a habit. Drastic isn t good. Even though it gives effect fast, it ll bounce back soon enough once you begin to slack even just a little.Slowly but surely. Burn a calorie at a time, you ll get there.

I stayed motivated by noticing how much better i felt and looked when losing the weight. I gave up junk food and soda and eating out at fast foods places except for like once a week. I hated exercising so I did cardio dancing dvds. They are really fun and makes time go by. By continuing doing this I lost 50 pounds. I was a size 22 and now am a 14/16. It took a lot of work but I loved the compliments of how much better I looked.

Here s some weight loss tip s which you can do everyday:- Exercise 6 to 7 days a week.- And try to break your workout into two different sessions, this gives your metabolism a jolt.- Drink 6 to 8 cups of water a day. And try to drink ice cold water, it burns more calories.- Take enough vitamins, especially ones that promote weight loss (such as 1800 mg. of Fish Oil, Vitamin B Complex, Co-enzyme Q-10, ect. Do your research).- Drink green tea or take green tea pills ( it s been shown to speed up your metabolism).- For your metabolism s sake, eat within 1 hour of waking up and don t eat 3 hours before you go to bed.- Try a vegan or vegetarian diet (it worked for me :D).- Drink 12 oz. of warm lemon water (use the juice of 1/2 a lemon) with a little sea salt every morning. This will detoxify your body and make your skin look amazing.- Or, if giving up meat just isn t your thing, just count calories. Try to have around 1200 a day.- Try to avoid white, bleached, or enriched flour.- Stay away from high fructose corn syrup and hydrogenated oils.- Eat every 2 to 4 hours to keep your metabolism going.- Eat 5 to 6 small meals a day to keep your metabolism up.- Try to get 6 to 8 hours of sleep. When your body is deprived of sleep your appiteite increases by 15%.- Sugar and artificial sweeteners are the devil. If you have a sweet tooth, grab some fruit.- Avoid all junk food, fast food, and fried food.- Try only drinking water, tea, and black coffee. There are so many hidden calories in drinks.- Eat whole grain foods and healthy fats (like olives, avacados, nuts, ect) and stay away from refined or bad carbs.And you should eat about 1300 calories a day and exercise 60 minutes a day to become healthy.

How much is a lot? You need to set goals, start small. Lose one pound per week. That is the most attainable goal you can set. Do some extra exercising . Don t take the escalator or elevator, take the stairs. Park in the parking space that is the furthest from where you are going, need to go downstairs, do it twice!! Those are the easy things. Start small, when you attain your small goals you feel a sense of satisfaction, that is your motivation. Drink lots and lots of water. Soda, even diet is bad for you. Drink juice, sports drinks, coffee, and tea in moderation. Feeling hungry, down 20 ounces of water. Stay away from the high fat content foods (anything deep fried), minimize carb intake unless you are working out right afterwards. The most important exercise to do is to increase your heartrate for twenty minutes. So if you have to walk up and down the stairs for twenty minutes to do that, then that is what you do. I will tell you this, if you have lived a sedentary life up to this point and you start working out right now and continue working out for a six week period, and you eat sensibly you will lose 20-25 pounds in that six weeks. Push ups, sit ups, jumping jacks, stair climbing, extra walking anything for twenty minutes a day, after six weeks you will feel like a new person.

First of all, how old are you? Discipline is hard at any age. If you are young, the weight will come off in time, if old, time has no mercy on you.