Saturday, August 23, 2008

How to lose weight on the upper body? -

I m more of the, shall we say, carrot shaped body. All my fat seems to pile on my upper arms (thier huge), breasts and stomach. I have been going to the gym practically everyday for a month and have seen an improvement - but in my legs!!Can someone please suggest some exercise that will help me shift my arms (which if the pattern still continues will be bigger than my thighs)!

You need to combine exercise with diet so that you are burning body fat - not just increasing muscle.I used a shapeworks diet from a1diet and lost weight specifically from my upper body. The link is below.

Is there a rowing machine at your gym? Those are great for an upper body work out

what you need to do is many reps with lower weights, this will tone your upper body but not make your muscles huge. Try 3-5 kg weights with 30 repetitions times 3 and you will see results. Follow up with some cardio like the crosstrainer. I would also reccomend to try boxing, It has worked wonders for burning fat on my upper body. I do it for 30 mins about once a week combined with my other training (i go for an hour 4 times a week) and lost 5% body fat on my upper body in 2.5 months. Also, remember you can t loose weight on one part of your body only, but you can change your body shape with weights.Ask the PT s at your gym for some advise.Good luck!

such exercises as chest fly, shoulder press, or bicep curl machines (that almost EVERY gym has) will certaintly tone up the fatty deposits in your arms and upper body. also you might want to try Latissimus Dorsi exercises, but I m not sure if you would consider that upper body, but the top half of the muscle does connect to about your armpit.

You need to train for your upper body, do weights 3 times a week and use the rowing machine this helped me loads, if you book an assesment in your gym with an instructor they should be able to give you a work out plan directly for your requirements, but you definitley will not loose the upper weight without using weights aswell as cardio.

THE CROSS TRAINER IS GOOD FOR THE WHOLE BODY.THE ROWING MACHINE IS GOOD FOR ARMS AND STOMACH, ALSO DO SOME SIT UPS THAT WILL TONE YOUR STOMACH.

You should get yourself the free Science of Fat DVD athttp://thebestfreebies.com/health.htm It will show youhow the brain and body regulate weight and why somepeople are hefty while others are lean.