Thursday, August 14, 2008

Why do people ask questions on how to lose weight?Its simple cut down on treats and exercise.? -

It s ridiculous. Everyone knows how to lose weight, so why ask. Its a waste of 5 points. People are hoping for some miracle weight loss secret.Its simple just exercise.

Sorry but I think you just lost five points....and I gained two, awesome.Sometimes.....cutting back and working hard isn t enough, and people need the extra encouragment. I mean, when you think about it all of the questions asked on y.answers could be found if people really looked, but it s nice hearing what other people have to say.

I am glad you have the metabolism to just loose weight just like that. Not everyone does and it s not a situation of eating to much or all the wrong things or not exercises.. Yes there are some who do that but not everyone. Also age plays a part, if you have had children , that plays apart in your weight also. Please know all the facts before you ridicule. Thank you

that is not always the case some people who are over weight are handicap or need the sugar and sweets.

You should NOT cut down on treats and exercise.Cut down on treats.DO exercise!!

yea but they want to know how much exercise and not go overboard

What people are really asking is ��how do I lose weight without effort or change of my lifestyle.��People follow the path of least resistance. If it involves work or effort it is to be avoided. Why live life when the television or the Internet will bring life to them.

well you are absolutely right and this is something questioner has to think about before asking the same questions too many times.

What? This rhetorical question is any different?Ignore. To hard to do right?

You know what is ridiculous is your NOSE.

actually your question is the ridiculous compaired to those asking about weight loss.you see-there are many reasons why some are over weight. it s more complex for some of us to lose weight because there are circumstances involved that really has nothing to do with caloric intake and exersize. i know some who were born lacking a working thyroid. i know others who have to endure medication for one disease and weight gain is a given. i know others who have genetics that cause malfunctions in the liver, heart and lung. i know others who work out, eat right, and still have an issue with weight loss. i know those who are large boned and just a slight increase in weight as little as 5 pounds makes them appear as though they have gained 80. i also have met those that have to take antirejection medications because of transplants, where the meds cause weight gain, and others who have mental disease where the same outcome has been noticed.i had hcv growing up. it is a liver disease caused by a virus. from that i have fatty liver. although i ve cut back on my fat intake dramatically, and although i walk 15 miles a day, clean house, run a business ect, the weight doesn t come off....it s probably due to enduring 48 weeks of chemo which destroyed what little thyroid/endocrine system i had to begin with. whats more amazing is prior to treatment, i slept most of my life away and remained at a healthy weight at 143. after chemo, i remain between 174 and 180-yet, i am more active than my prior years before chemo.i eat a fairly decent diet. i am a woman who have also had a hysterectomy. just the antiviral chemotherapy and in conjunction with the hysterectomy, i do not lose weight.so, if someone is heavier and asking questions on yahoo questions and answers, they have a very good validation for such question. it s not as simple as you may think.i eat about 900 to 1100 calories a day, mostly healthy foods.i have no craving for fried foods like i did prior to chemotherapy. doctors aren t sure whats going on with my endocrine issue.they know that i have a severely damaged one, but are refusing to treat me with thryoid medication. even had they treated me, i probably wouldn t lose enough weight to get back to my pre-chemo weight. so, it s not rediculous, it s not dumb to ask.....chances are they have honestly tried to lose weight, but for some reason they cannot. only one thing you mentioned is worth mentioning again and that is, there is no miracle weight loss medictation. chances are most tell you to drink enough water with each dose, usually before a meal. the trick is water. it fills you up so you eat less.so now i am asking that you, or others who are possibly reading this is to be a little more sympathetic towards those who you dub overweight. help them, do not critisize them. try to be a bit more understanding. there are many issues that can cause weight gain, not having anything to do with food intake or other dietary issues.

because they are looking for an easy way out. And they re tired of their fingers hitting 4 keys on the keyboard at a time whenever they type..............you try typing with a sausage. It looks something like this....asdflkjsdaflkjsfad (That was supposed to only be 3 keys)

I know what you mean. People know how to be healthier, but spend there money on diet pills and stuff like that cause they are too lazy to get up and go to the gym and exercise

I also hate it when people ask.. am I fat ?Its so annoying......why would you think your fat if you aren t, for attention? Also...if you think you are fat..then you probably are.

You are right. I know what you say is absolutely true. I stopped exercises for 10 days and I must have put on a least 1/2 stone. TRUE! Not eating much but never exercised.I wouldn t mind betting though you are without children and naturallly skinny and have to run round in the shower to get wet. Yes..............?

Cutting down on sweets and exercising is too hard. Most people want a shortcut.C mon people, nut up and have some will power!

step away from the twinkies

Sometimes it is not that simple. I exercise and don t eat treats hardly ever...In fact, I was always thin and very fit! Even so I gained a lot of weight after kid number two...also hit age 40 shortly after baby two was born. My metabolism just hit the skids, so I did start to ask that stupid old question...how can I lose this weight?? Here is how I did it...I had to go low carb to get started, and I exercise over an hour on my elliptical every other day. I am now with weight watchers and still have trouble losing. I am not overweight anymore, but keeping it off is a day to day battle. It is not easy...this is why I along with others may ask this ridiculous question.Had I done this routine in my younger years I would have wasted away to nuthin.

what do you do if exercise doesn t work then what.I think thats what they are trying to get at

I hate to admit it but I agree with you. However, I think what people are asking for is specificity as to what worked for them. What type of exercises, food ate, etc. Everyone knows it s cutback on the snacks and exercise, it s what worked best.

cut down on treats and excercise ? you mean cut down on treats and do exercise .

People want and need advice.It might not be as simple as eating better and exercising more for them. Even for people who do exercise and eat right, theres times when it gets hard to lose the weight. Your body gets used to it.

some people are too lazy to exercise and need other ways, and others dont lose enough weight by doing what you do, everyones different.

Don t know. If you give up fried food/maconalds/kfc/chocolate/sugar/cakes I guarantee that you will lose weight. Its not rocket science eat less chocolate and pasties and more lettuce and tomatoes.Running round the park wont hurt either.

I ve got a lot of sympathy for your comments. What worries me most is that so many are looking for a quick fix that involves zero effort on there part, just some magic diet/pill/illegal drug/herbal remedy/patch etc etc. I can t believe that people think anything like this will be a success, but millions seem too!

i want a miracle weight loss secret- do you have one? jkyou are so right, i guess they just dont want to exercise or stop snacking, - and if they are too lazy to do that then they dont deserve to be thin and in shape :)

they are weird!!

People want to hear that they don t have to get off their fat a$$e$ in order to look like supermodels....it s rediculous, I know. That s our society though; quick fixes and no effort.

They want to ask that question becausethey can u dumb ***** why did you ask this question.

Hi! I m a lazy bum who loves to watch TV and eat all day. I m about 400 pounds overweight, and lately, the ladies are noticing. Does anyone know a magic word or medical miracle pill that can help me get down to 175 pounds by beach season? Yeah, I hear you. You re mocking the fictional guy/girl quoted above. What you should REALLY be doing is thinking of a way to separate him/her from $79.95 a month. You ll be rich in no time.Why? Because we re Americans. We love instant gratification. We believe that this is the land of miracles, where we can have everything we want, when we want it, with all consequences mitigated by magic or science.

i know your right

* Because they want attention... poor souls.