Friday, January 16, 2009

How to lose weight with broken foot? -

i just had surgery in December now i have a hard cast on my foot for another month..so i was wondering what are the best exercises that would help my lose weight with my condition at this time.

You can try Pilates or doing movements like your rowing...where you sit on the floor, lift your legs and simultaneously move your legs and arms as if you were rowing. Sit ups are really good. Or lifting your legs while laying on your back. Anything that you can do sitting down. Arm weights too....they help burn fat and skim the muscles. Hope this helps.

You know, you should probably not worry about losing weight while recovering. You need nutrients for your foot, so lots of fruits and vegetables, and maybe some forms of calcium are a good idea for bone growth. Just don t do what I did the last time I broke my foot - I got depressed and ate a whole big bag of candy in one afternoon while laying with my foot elevated. Then I felt guilty the next day, and was working with some light handweights, working my arm muscles, etc, and doing stomach crunches. Some pilates moves might work, and some modified yoga poses (although you should probably check with a professional yoga instructor for that). I attempted these things, anyway. I did not gain wait, though, with my broken foot - I was hauling myself around on crutches enough (at work, getting to work, etc) that despite my candy binges, I kept my weight even at least.