Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hello i was wondering if anyone knew some tips on how to lose weight? ive been struggling alot? -

ive been getting discouraged because i have not been seing results fast...i guess im impatient and i have to deal with that my self currently weight aproximatley 250 pounds =( also i have a member ship to superfitness (3 years!) so does anyone one know some good machines to use such as like treadmill,bike etc etc i will greatly apreciate some help... thanks to all that attempt to help me

Don t eat! Just kidding. I lost 30lbs. in the span of 3 months and this is what worked for me. A change in diet and the implementation of exercise is a must. I started the day with a breakfast high in fiber, say some kind of bran cereal. For lunch I had a sandwich of some sort, like a deli sandwich. Dinner was whatever I wanted with a reduction in portion size. Now here was the key for me at least. I exercised at least 5 days a week for 30 minutes at a time and more aerobic then strength training. 30 minutes is nothing in the grand scheme of things. I m telling ya, it will melt away if you do this, but be patient at first. I remember being discouraged at first too.

I ve never been happy with health clubs as a way to lose weight. You need to get into something more active (and interactive). I d rather walk three miles around town than do three miles on a treadmill...ditto for riding a bike.Last summer I took up roller skating (after not having been on skates for 30 years)...I was losing 1.5 to 2 pounds a week skating for an hour twice a week. I also cut back on what I was eating at the same time....something hard for me to do because I love pizza, taco bell, burger king, etc.... But everytime I weighed myself after skating and saw I d lost weight, it made it easier to stay away from food because I was getting positive feedback for what I was doing.Between mid-July of this year and mid-October I lost 13 pounds and have kept it off...sometimes I d go up a little...or hold even...but the weight loss was pretty steady...and as I said, it has stayed off.The secret is to find something you like doing and keep at it steadily. That, plus reduce your food intake. When you lose a couple of pounds, it gets easier because you actually feel like you ve accomplished something and you ll want to keep doing it.

Losing weight is a simple equation: if you burn more calories than you eat, the weight will come off. Start off by estimating how many calories you burn each day using the daily calorie needs calculator http://straighthealth.com/pages/tools/ca�� This will give you an idea of how many calories to eat. Healthy weight loss is 1-2 pounds per week. To lose 1 pound per week you need to create a calorie deficit (burn more than you eat) of 500 calories per day. To lose 2 pounds a week, you have to double the deficit to 1000 calories per day. You can achieve this by eating less, exercising more or a combination of both.Beginners Guide to Dieting - http://straighthealth.com/pages/guides/b��