Wednesday, April 22, 2009

How to Lose Weight induced by Steroids? -

I was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma and currently under going treatment of Chemo Steroids. I ve gained 40 Lbs. in 3 months.Any Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Are there any Natural herbs that can boost my metabolism. I feel so sluggish.

You wont loose it while you are still on the steroids. Prednisone basically turns msucle into fat and makes you eat everything in sight, depending on the dosage. It is actually better for you to gain weight rather than loose.You feel sluggish because of the chemo and low blood counts. Basically you need to just get as much rest as you can, and eat as healthy as you can. But honestly, dont worry about it until your treatment is over. THere are plenty of worse things that could happen than extra weight.(btw, I feel you.. I am on a high dose for an extended period to treat gvhd.. I have gained about 40 lbs as well, but over about 5 months.)