Saturday, June 20, 2009

How to lose weight if it is in my genes ? -

i work out a lot and my job is a postman so get plenty of walking but dont seem to lose any weight ? what can i eat that is healthy but is also very filling as i am a big guy ?.and also if it was easy made that would be great thanks

Did you hear about the big study in the news with the Amish lately? They said that exercise could defeat fat genes - but if you actually listened to the details, they said that if you did THREE TO FOUR HOURS of exercise EVERY SINGLE DAY, then you might lose UP TO FIFTEEN POUNDS. Sheesh!There is no safe healthy way to make a naturally big body skinny. It s really more important to worry about keeping your body in good condition. Get good nutrition (lots of different kinds of foods, lots of fruit+veg), get good exercise, get good rest, get good stress relief. Take care of the body you have, rather than worrying about the body you don t have.

Genetics does play a really big role.Trust me. My dad and his dad have always been big/fat and although I m not overweight, I still consider myself fat. I ve done a lot of manual labour for about 3 years and that did nothing at all to my body fat. But this doesn t mean you can t reduce it. It just means you ll have to put more effort and dedication than the guy next door with gifted genes to get where you want your body to be.I advise a combination of proper weight training and heavy cardio for maybe three times a week for a month and see where that gets you.Good luck!

Mix it up. If your body is used to walking due to your job, then try riding a bike or swimming. Working muscles that aren t used to it will make you lose weight. As for your diet, stick with chicken and eat lots of fruit and vegetable...also drink a lot of water with your meals. It will help to fill you up.