Sunday, August 23, 2009

How to lose weight and keep it off after kids and marriage? -

Hi. I m 5 4 and 200 pounds. I am married and have two young children. I m a bit big boned and have always been that way, so I m trying to get down to 150 pounds. Currently, I m a stay at home mom, so my life revolves around my two children all day. I see myself slowly gaining weight. I don t eat a lot, about 1500 calories/day, and I often run after my children. Any suggestions to get some weight loss started??? Thanks in advance!

depending on how old your children how about a day at the park. go in the evening when you are less likely to get heat exhaustion and play around with them. when you get a chance at home (like when you ve put the kids down for a nap) try to do some marching in place or something simple like that. I know alot of exercises are going to be difficult for you at the current weight you are (don t worry I ve been there) but if you do things like marching in place instead of running it will be easier and just as effective. in the evenings when hubby has come home go for a brisk walk with the kids around the block after dinner. it relaxs the body and will help tire the kids out before bed.another good thing about marriage is sex. sex burns a lot of calories. try and shake things up a bit. try different positions, more foreplay things like that.when you eat make sure you re eating healthy foods. the amount of calories doesn t matter if you re eating 1500 cals of junk. try to eat more grilled chicken and fish. stay away from red meats and anything greasy. now that you re trying to lose weight is a good chance to get your whole family on track. it s sad when you see 150lb 5yros these days.good luck sweetie and I wish you the best! feel free to email me if you have any questions! Love always,Christa

Try calorie shifting, which works by getting you to eat the right food at specific times of the day. Then by rotating it so that your metabolism never gets used to any routine.All the best!

let hte kids help http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKCGe2Ezr��

HI, I am also 5 4 , 200 lbs married with 2 young children. I almost thought I wrote this !! My ideal weight is around 145 or so and I have struggled with my weight for about the last 13 years. The pregnancy weight was almost impossible to get off, in fact, I gainned back my preggo weight + more after my first child. I was determined not to do that again after my second pregnancy, so I joined a gym where they provide a daycare service. I have tried to excercise at home, but I cant seem to get motivated and my kids just distract me and climb all over me. I find that if I have to make the effort to get dressed and out the door and have to drive to another location, that does something to my brain and I feel as if I am truely committed to finish my workout that day. I am not saying that this is easy, but the more you do it, the more it becomes just another part of your life. Also, the benifits go far beyond just weight loss. This is your time to dedicate to yourself, a daunting task when you are a mom sometimes. If you don t give yourself this gift, your well can easily dry up. Might I suggest a good yoga class? Yoga has helped me loose 30 lbs, cure chronic back and wrist pain and has had far reaching ramifications on my mental health. Good luck and I know you can do it!!!!!!!!!!