Saturday, August 22, 2009

What is the best thing I can do to lose weight? -

I don t eat salad. I only like about five kinds of vegatables. I don t eat a lot of fruits, although I like many kinds. With only red meat, chicken, rice, and potatoes as my main diet, I am at a loss of how to lose weight. I run about 15 miles a week and do muscular strenghth or endurance exercises about 45mins daily.

If weight loss is your goal, you should focus your workout on cardio. How many days per week do you run? Ideally, you should do some type of cardio 5-6 days per week for 30-60 minutes per session. I would recommend running perhaps 3 days a week and supplement it with another form of cardio, perhaps bicycling, swimming, or anything you enjoy. You should also mix up your runs. One day should be a long, but relatively easy run, another a more intense but shorter run and then run intervals on the 3rd day. As far as your strength training, I d recommend lifting weights 2-3 days per week with a day of rest between sessions. Its important to give your body a chance to recover between workouts. You diet should contain a variety of fruits and vegetables, 60% complex carbs (whole grains, not potatoes), 20% high quality protein (eggs, low-fat dairy, fish), and less than 20% fat. Also be sure to eat a combination of protein and carbs within 30 minutes of your workout and drink plenty of water.

spend the cash on a fitness expert who can cultivate a diet/exercise plan that specifically caters to you. and make sure u tell him/her exactly what u just told us.