Sunday, June 25, 2017

Is it true that heavier overweigth people tend to lose weight faster thanthose who are just 5-25lbs overweight -

i weighed 200lbs at the begining of last week (i should weigh between 102 and 118)and my mother weighed 157lbs (she should weigh 117-140). we started weight watchers and i have seemed to lose 4.5lbs (safe for the 1st couple weeks) already when she hasn t lost any (actually gained two lbs, even tho she s been good on the diet).

A person s metabolism and how active they are factor in heavily on how fast they lose weight. Are you more active than your mother? Water is also a factor because it has been proven that drinking more water instead of say juices and soft drinks does help you lose weight because you are consuming less calories.If your mother has been good on the diet it is possible weight watchers may not be the right diet for her. Many times it is not how much you eat but what you are eating that determines a person gaining or losing weight.

your mother is older that you and it may take her more time and energy to burn more calories.

I do not no it for a fact but for me in 8/2004 I weighted 260 pdsIn 3 months I lost 40 pds In august of 2006 til present I sit at 135 I can not get any lower And all I want to lose is another 10 pds So I would agree that for some reason it is easier for heavie people

just until they get to those last 5-15 pounds, those are the hardest to lose

With women it can be anything. PMS/Period/Water gainHowever, tell your mom to hang in there. She may lose double the next week.Don t forget to exercise !