Thursday, December 27, 2018

How does PMS sabotage weight loss efforts? -

I am on a weight loss plan and have been losing weight pretty steadily for the past two weeks. However, this past week I have gained 2.5lbs.(my period should me due in 1 1/2-2 weeks) I have not cheated and the only thing I am thinking is that it may be PMS related. What do you think? How do you deal with PMS symptoms on a weight loss program?

With PMS you may get a bit of water retention. This will change at the start of your period. It seems a bit early for PMS symptoms.

Don t get discouraged. As long as you re not giving into cravings (like that chocolate one many of us get once a month) you ll still be successful at your program.When we have our periods we are retaining water. That s probably where the 2.5 lbs is coming from. You could take something like midol or pamprin which have a diaretic in them and drink plenty of water to decrease the bloating.

In the second part of your cycle, the body stores extra water. That s perfectly normal and you ll loose it again when you menstruate.I usually just weight myself once per week, and since I know how much, on average, I put on pre-menstrual, I have a good check about my true weight. If you keep an eye on how much exactly the difference is between pre and after menstruation, you should have no problems at all to keep losing weight even if the scale says you put on - because it s just water. :)

water rention maybe? i know that PMS gives me uncontrolable cravings for sweet things and i find it very hard to stick to a non sweet diet, moderation is the key