Saturday, October 19, 2019

Being tested for diabetes, have a few questions? -

Im being tested for diabetes after my endocrinologist asked me if i urinated more than 8 times a day. I also drink alot of water. Im always thirsty. Im tired quite often though sometimes i can sleep for 12 hours. I dont gain any weight but when im sick i lose weight quickly. i eat like every hour when im home. I just never seem full. I get the shakes if i go a while without eating. does this sound like diabetes to you?? im 15 so which type of diabetes do you think i may have??? Im not scared about this or anything just curious. thanks for the help.

based on what you said, I think you are a typical teen and do not have dieabetes.

It does sound like diabetes, but without the test you can t be sure. Generally if you are not born with diabetes are didn t develop it at a fairly young age you will have type 2, which is controlled by diet and exercise and possible pills, but not insulin. It is also easier to reverse type 2 diabetes. which would be good given your age. So if you are make sure that you follow your doctors orders and take very good cake of yourself

I raised a couple of girls as a single parent and you sound just like them! I also do not believe you have diabetes - you are a teen that s hungry and thirsty all the time and can sleep around the clock! Let the doc check you out - you re in good hands with an endocrinologist - and go with his/her findings. Best wishes to you for a long and happy life!