Thursday, October 24, 2019

I have rhumatoid arthritus and am gluten and wheat intolerant.I need a weight loss program I can handle..? -

Trying to exercise to lose weight makes my arthritus act up. Many diets incorperate bread and wheat and oats which I can t have. I need a diet that will work for me. I d appreciate any advise you could give me. Thanks

Hi. Do u have access to a dietician or nutritionist? Perhaps u can find one who can help. There is a Yahoo group online, under Yahoo Health Groups OverweightCeliacs and if u join them they can help alot.U dont say your age or activity level, but yoga is available for all ages, levels and restrictions. There are usually yoga studios in every area, you can check one out, learn the poses then do them at home. Or try your library and look for yoga videos based for older people (which should be more gentle for your RA.) BUt obviously clear that with yoru doc first!! Walking is good but I dont know how that affects RA.If u can do any small strength training, but again, I m not a trainer. Even 2 lb weights can help.There is an excellent book, You on a Diet by Dr Roizen and Dr Oz (Of Oprah fame.) I loved it!For foods, just try to incorporate gluten free grains liek quinoa, amaranth, gluten free oats (available online.) and rice and corn. Add more veggies and fruits and avoid white starchs or sugar.Best of luck!!!Amy

Don t eat anything white(potatoes, white sugar, white bread, etc.) and eat grains (cereal, corn products) only once a week.Eat lots of raw fruits and vegetables. Try to eat about 50% cooked food. Stay away from soft drinks, especially the diet sodas , they make you gain weight.

6 week body makeover. You can customize your diet and exercise program to your specific dietary and health needs.