Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Help- high cholesterol and dont understand why!? -

My level is 8.3 (HDL only 2). I don t smoke, drink any alcohol, am vegetarian, don t eat high fat foods (except twice when I had anorexia and I was on a hospital weight gain diet), do stupid amounts of exercise. My dad has it. Is it purely genetic or anything to do with my history of eating disorders and gaining and losing weight quickly? The doctor says I am too young to go on medication (I am 28) an dI have to change my diet. I think he must think I am lying about my diet, but I honestly don t know what I can do!! Any ideas?

The answer is if an appropriate diet makes no difference then it has to be genetic. It really is that simple. Health food shops sell various things which allegedly reduce it.

Classic - Don t eat meat so you think you are safe from cholesterol!!!!!There are a number of fruits and particularly nuts that have it. Also all dairy foods if you include any of them in your diet.The problem with all one sided diets is that humans evolved to eat a varied diet and it is the mix of what you eat that helps your body to work efficiently.The obvious and first thing that comes to mind when cholesterol is mentioned is that eating oily fish, eggs and other foods high in omega 3 helps a lot. particularly the fish. Indeed - the lack of such food in the diet could be the very reason for it!

The anti cholesterol paradigm is FALSEsee my articles ANTHONY COLPODR. UFFE RAVNSKOV

It is likely 98% genetic. You might want to increase your olive oil intake, and if you can, start eating meat. Eating meat/cholesterol has almsot no impact on raising cholesterol. People on low-carb diets tend to decrease their cholesterol levels. Also drink one galss of red wine per day.

Avacados walnuts and almonds can help raise your HDL. I think that flax seed does too. I eat alot of beans and legumes and only whole grains. I have trouble bring my HDL up too. I had hypercholersterolemia, and though I do take a medication, I have mostly controled this with diet. ( i did at one time take 3, but am down to one) I am not a vegitarianBest wishes

I believe that drinking coffee and tea to excess can raise your level

There is a product I tried that helped me it is a vitamin supplement called Cholesterol Regulation Complex. My Cholesterol went from 252 to 201 and my triglycerides went from 289 to 98 I don t believe in prescription medication so that is why I tried this.These are the issues it can help you with High Cholesterol/triglyceride levels: cardio concerns: obesity; physical inactivity:and those with high dietary fat intake diabetic concerns. Give it a try and let me know how you made out.

Try eating grapefruit on a morning and porridge its really good for lowering the levelNot in the same bowl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!